New to pc, wanna mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Gimli54

New to pc, wanna mod

Post by Gimli54 »

I’ve played fs since 15 on console and due to the need of a laptop for college bought a gaming laptop which could handle any game currently out or would be by the end of the year, I love mods on console and having grown up around a farm and occasionally working on that same farm I would love to convert some of the things into mods not only for myself but good enough that people on pc or console could enjoy them as well, is this a bridge to far am I way in over my head or could it be possible to accomplish this goal
don_apple

Re: New to pc, wanna mod

Post by don_apple »

Have a look at the following thread where you can find lots of useful information about what's needed to start modding: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=119340

After looking a some of the resources linked there you should be able to decide if modding is for you or not.
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

Thanks for the link apple I’ll just bookmark that page so if you want to go ahead and lock this one.
Gimli54

Post by Gimli54 »

If I download giants editor now to start getting familiar with it could I use whatever I make as a possible start of something for 19, what I’m trying to ask to put it better is will the giants editor that exists now work with 19 also or will there be a new or or some kind of update to the existing one
BigC92

Post by BigC92 »

Well, if you have friends who does modding, let them teach you the ropes of making and/or converting mods, i had a free PC simulator game, you know i played it to get to know whats going on, seeing what does what, asking questions, and one of my friends got into making stuff, and he said to start with simple stuff and work your way up, but my PC took a leap off the edge and never got around to it.
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

It is a good idea to start now with FS17. Most of what you learn will be applicable to FS19. GE is unlikely to change much. A lot of information exists for FS17 modding, but only speculation for FS19.