FS17 modding help

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Jmoore5732

FS17 modding help

Post by Jmoore5732 »

I have recently starting modding farming simulator (Yes I know I started at the worst time) But I have converted a mod from FS15 to 17, The mod does have a one or two errors still but I am pretty sure they do not involve this problem. When I connect an attachment to it the attachment will connect but when i lift up the boom it will not move and just sit there on the ground while still being connected. But if I drive around It follows me?I have a screenshot if it helps.

Cheers, Jacob

https://imgur.com/a/8su1CfJ

Edit don_apple: moved from 'General Discussion' to 'Modding'.
Procobator

Re: FS17 modding help

Post by Procobator »

What does the game log say?
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

Compare the attacherJoint in the XML from this tractor to a similar Giants version.
Jmoore5732

Post by Jmoore5732 »

The game log has one warning but it about sound conversion, And I have compared the XML to a official giants simulator vehicle but still no luck,
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

No errors in the log is a good thing. Sometimes attacher’s can be done by external scripts and if that wasn’t updated it would generate an error in your log.

It’s a good chance it’s in the vehicle xml table under the attacher joint tag of that specific attribute. I would suggest some trial and error testing to determine what values will allow it to move.
Jmoore5732

Post by Jmoore5732 »

Thanks for all the help everyone! I managed to get It going by adding ''<attacherJoint jointIndices="0" />'' to the moving parts catergory, Im not sure what it does but it seemed to work :biggrin2: Thanks to everyone who assisted me!