Making Hay & Seasons Mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Farmie2018

Making Hay & Seasons Mod

Post by Farmie2018 »

Hi,

I'm playing Goldcrest Valley, normal mode, using Seasons (and a ton of other mods) on Windows Professsional.

I'm sure this question has been asked and answered many times, yet I cannot find a satisfactory one yet...

Question: How the heck do I make hay used for total mixed ration??

Yesterday I mowed, tedded, windrowed grass then scooped it up with a loading wagon... and that turned into straw (immediately). Then I tried the same thing but instead of the loading wagon I used the square bailer. That ended up as grass bails (as one may expect).

Am I supposed to cut, then wait a game day??

Really confused. And what makes things worse is the icons for each of these are so similar that I can't remember which is which.

Thanks and sorry for possibly duplicating a conversation. Any help/links would be appreciated.

Thanks,

F.
Farmie2018

Re: Making Hay & Seasons Mod

Post by Farmie2018 »

So in that case, I should wait a game day to let it dry?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It may not take a full game day, you just need to keep an eye on the crop moisture symbol or use the Wopster to check when it's dry enough to use the tedder.
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

Ok, thank you. Do you happen to know at what moister percentage it’s ready?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Fraid not, I just wait for the wet crop icon to disappear. There's a guide which tells you most of what you need to know from Realismus modding, follow link below.

https://www.realismusmodding.com/mods/s ... and-silage
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

Thanks very much. The content on that page is very helpful and I'll give it a try.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

There is also a full manual within the game in the Seasons menu (alt + s)
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

Is the loading wagon a mod? If so I would try a loading wagon that’s in the base game to see if you get the same results.
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

Thank you. I have read it. I feel like a moron but I'm still having some trouble understanding some of the finer points about making hay bales vs. making grass bales. I was successful in making hay bales two days ago and at that time it was noon or so game-time and the temp had risen quite a bit. While I didn't change my process, I'm guessing that since the grass/ground was dryer than before I was able to make the hay bales.

Is this valid at all??
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

Procobator wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:40 pm Is the loading wagon a mod? If so I would try a loading wagon that’s in the base game to see if you get the same results.

Thanks for pointing that out but I'm using standard vehicles that came with the game.
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

Drmattymd wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:37 am As long as the "wet crop" icon isnt on you can tedd grass and it will turn to hay. If the icon is on grass will stay grass no matter what you do to it. Grass that has been tedded to hay will turn back to grass if you try to do anything with it. The wet crop icon will show up anytime after it has rained until sufficient time has passed for it to dry out. There is no waiting period otherwise, you can mow grass and tedd it immediately into hay as long as that wet crop icon isnt on
Great! Thank you!... but where is the wet grass icon and what does it look like? Can you kindly post a screenshot?
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

It shows up in the right top corner next to the air and soil temperatures.
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:02 pm It shows up in the right top corner next to the air and soil temperatures.
Thank you. I'll take a look.
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

Ok, I'm still unclear as to which icon it is. I've included a screenshot from a brand new game from FS17, normal mode using only the Seasons mod and Game Extension mod.

https://ibb.co/y8hjx2H

Which icon is it??

Thanks,

F.
Farmie2018

Post by Farmie2018 »

Ok, thanks. So this is the point, I don't ever remember seeing an icon as you describe. And this comes from a new game with only two mods enabled, one of them Seasons. Must I be doing a specific activity or in a specific vehicle?