Trains

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Rman723

Trains

Post by Rman723 »

I feel the trains are to short and you wait for 2 seconds, Although people may think this is good I feel its not. I am wondering how I would make the train longer(adding more train cars) and if its possible the way to navigate to where to edit this

NOTE: This is for Farming Simulator 19
Eep

Re: Trains

Post by Eep »

Vehicles.xml in the savegame folder
D3nnisd

Post by D3nnisd »

Eep wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:51 pm Vehicles.xml in the savegame folder
Not sure if that works. I have tried that, but i got a crash or a non functioning thing. You need to dig in deeper in the XML data. I tried" Detachable" but that didnt work(crash).
Eep

Post by Eep »

Yea, I tried adding another locomotive to the end, just subtracting translate values from the previous 2 train cars/wagons but the game acted weird, first not making the screen completely bright (maybe half), I couldn't move. I tried the map (escape) but it started panning slowly left and I could only zoom out, select menu tabs, and the keyboard response was intermittant, eventually zooming out and wouldn't let me zoom in any more. I couldn't escape out but clicked [Esc] on a non-map screen to get back to the game. I was able to tab into the train, and the camera could move around at first but I couldn't quite see if the engine was on the other end. I exited the train but then the game froze (no error). Log shows this repeating until I force-quitted:

Code: Select all

Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
dataS/scripts/vehicles/specializations/Locomotive.lua(363) : attempt to index field 'trainSystem' (a nil value)
Tried it again and everything the same except I can see the engine on the other end:
https://i.postimg.cc/X7pjzMCp/fs19-2trainengines.jpg
Bonger76

Post by Bonger76 »

You have to edit the trainsystem.xml in the trainsytem placebales on a modded map or if you are brave the games placeable trainsytem.xml for the map that youare playing ,adding another locomotive might still cause error.
Eep

Post by Eep »

I added another locomotive but it didn't show up in-game:

Code: Select all

<train>
            <vehicle xmlFilename="$data/vehicles/train/locomotive01/locomotive01.xml" />
            <vehicle xmlFilename="$data/vehicles/train/wagonGrain/wagonGrain.xml" />
            <vehicle xmlFilename="$data/vehicles/train/wagonWoodChips/wagonWoodChips.xml" />
            <vehicle xmlFilename="$data/vehicles/train/wagonTimber/wagonTimber.xml" />
            <vehicle xmlFilename="$data/vehicles/train/wagonSugarbeets/wagonSugarbeets.xml" />
            <vehicle xmlFilename="$data/vehicles/train/wagonVehicles/wagonVehicles.xml" />
            <vehicle xmlFilename="$data/vehicles/train/locomotive01/locomotive01.xml" />
        </train>
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Though I haven't done so myself, I suspect that adding another locomotive could be problematic at the game-engine level. It is likely the same as trying to attach one tractor to another.

If you want a second locomotive, you may have to create a non-functional train attachment (i.e. general train car, not locomotive) that shares appearances with the locomotive, and add that.
Eep

Post by Eep »

Dunno but I tried adding another wagonVehicles at the end and still a no-show.
wildberry

Post by wildberry »

Eep wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:18 pm Dunno but I tried adding another wagonVehicles at the end and still a no-show.
Note that when I add a tree in GE8 to a map and go to an old save game that tree wont show. So, the missing wagon could be showing up in a new game only?
MC, aka Master of Cereals
Eep

Post by Eep »

Not sure but I've edited data\maps\mapUS.i3d and my changes (light shadows, fence raised, objects set to dynamic, etc) have shown in my saved game.