Game isnt complete

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Midxorn

Game isnt complete

Post by Midxorn »

im just curious why they didnt give us all features of game.im modder myself and last thing i was working on vehicles reflections and noticed that they are 90% disabled while there is few cars which have reflections.there is also tones of stuff which are unused like sun postFx effects and shadows can be much more better ofcourse on which im working atm(trying to get rid of that bubble circle)i found more of stuff that can benefit game which arent used...
will post few SS later to show how it looks with reflections and improved shadows

UPDATE:
SS added(reflections)
ImageImageImageImage
cpu - FX-8320 8-core OC 4.7ghz
ram - 16gb ddr3 Hyundai Electronics 2133mhz
gpu - Sapphire rx 570 pulse itx 4gb
psu - FSP Group 650W
mbo - AsRock 970 Extreme 3
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Midxorn

Re: Game isnt complete

Post by Midxorn »

Update:
here are shadow SS and distance blur SS
ImageImageImage
psu - FSP Group 650W
Win 10 Pro 64bit
W1der

Post by W1der »

I think I would rather have blurry shadows all over, than having that sharp edge traveling all over my screen as I zoom in and out ...
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Midxorn

Post by Midxorn »

thats what im trying to do :D by increasing shadow distance i move that blured split further so i dont notice it and yes i lose some sharpen quality but not much becouse in fs19 shadows are awfull anyway
psu - FSP Group 650W
Win 10 Pro 64bit
W1der

Post by W1der »

I tried lowering al my shade setting in the menus ... but with everything as low as possible ... my game got super sluggish ... tabbing through vehicles was delayed with several seconds !?
Strange, as my rig can handle this game with around 50% load on the GPU with most things set to max.

By lowering the settings I was hoping to get rid of that "sharp bubble" totally ... but that did not work it was still there and to be honest even with shades at the lowest setting I did not see any difference at all ... !?
[Win11] Intel Core i9-13900F Tray 5.6GHz / MSI RTX4090 24GB GDDR6 / 2x16GB 5600MHz DDR5
Midxorn

Post by Midxorn »

you do realize im not doing anything with ingame options? im modifing SUN inside maps i3d file to improve gfx effects.About that delay(lag) your talking about its becouse shader option also with vsync i trayed everything on max and shader also its ok very small delay if i put shader on low and rest leave at max i got such huge amount of lags even when moving and its like every 3-4sec lag is 1-2sec lol
psu - FSP Group 650W
Win 10 Pro 64bit
W1der

Post by W1der »

Yea, I am just generally sharing my frustration ... LOL
Midxorn

Post by Midxorn »

here are few more ss what changes i made to graphics
1-vanilla
2-reworked
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

atm playing around with moon and his effects
psu - FSP Group 650W
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Eep

Post by Eep »

To get lights to cast shadows, make sure the I3D file's <Light> tags have castShadowMap="true" added. The game looks SO much more realistic when lights cast shadows! Currently the game only seems to cast shadows from the sun, moon, and some worklight props. The player's flashlight (configured via \dataS\character\humans\player\player01.i3d and player02.i3d) and streetlights don't even cast shadows. Unfortunately, it requires editing each I3D file but I hope a script can be made to apply to all vehicles and lights. Extract attached file to \data\vehicles\fendt\favorit500\favorit500.i3d (backup first).
Attachments

[The extension zip has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Midxorn

Post by Midxorn »

i know that but ill avoid it for now becouse vehicles have 2 active lights lets say in front and if i put cast shadow on em then shadows turn on turn off how i rotate camera shortly it shows shadow from light to which is camera closer ill prbly later do this but same as i didi in fs17 ill remove 2nd light and use only 1 but wider also i need to edit coding when switching light from low beam to high beam that when i turn on high beam it turns off low beam and keeps only high beam light source by default it uses both (u can turn on low beam,high beam and worklights at same time to be on thats 6 light sources infront )imagine that with all 6 have cast shadow option how it would flicker alot :D

also game is still limited how much shadows from light can be show ingame as in fs17

and about something i did in last few days i added color choices to all vehicles and all rims also tools now i just need to fix few things like grill colors to be more realistic
sample
fiat tractor have 2 colored grill 1 is white other is orange and when u change tractor color to lets say green that looks ugly so i decided to use soft chome on some vehicles for grills and belive me that looks awesome will post few SS later
psu - FSP Group 650W
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Vinolik123

Post by Vinolik123 »

I think vanilla looks more realistic in some of these. The "reworked" just look over the top and photoshopped. Just my 2 cents, good job though working these out *thumbsup*
Eep

Post by Eep »

Midxorn wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:38 pm i know that but ill avoid it for now becouse vehicles have 2 active lights lets say in front and if i put cast shadow on em then shadows turn on turn off how i rotate camera shortly it shows shadow from light to which is camera closer ill prbly later do this but same as i didi in fs17 ill remove 2nd light and use only 1 but wider also i need to edit coding when switching light from low beam to high beam that when i turn on high beam it turns off low beam and keeps only high beam light source by default it uses both (u can turn on low beam,high beam and worklights at same time to be on thats 6 light sources infront )imagine that with all 6 have cast shadow option how it would flicker alot :D

also game is still limited how much shadows from light can be show ingame as in fs17
The Fendt Favorit 500 tractor has 12 front/work lights + 4 turn signals + 2 back/reverse / brake lights = 18. I increased <maxNumShadowLights> to 50 in game.xml and noticed little to no slowdown on my old i5 4690K 3.5GHz 16GB RAM, GTX 750 Ti 2GB system with all settings maxed except 2x MSAA and 8x AF. I had <maxNumShadowLights> at 20 and noticed no flickering but after I started adding shadows to all map lights, I got flickering so 50 shadow lights should be fine. However, I don't think point lights cast shadows so I need to remove those and then there shouldn't be any flickering. I even made the NPC vehicle lights cast shadows but there aren't many of them on the road at once. It's mainly the streetlights, parking lots, vehicles, player flashlights, and occassional work lights that should really have shadows anyway.
Midxorn

Post by Midxorn »

Here are some SS of lets say color tuning xD
so there are atm 3 type of colors : RIMS,BODY and BODY 2
i will try add 4th color selection for interior parts also
all stock colors available for use with special color of steel with high glow
also i improved some steel parts on vehicles
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
psu - FSP Group 650W
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Midxorn

Post by Midxorn »

as i sad shadow system is still limited i added shadow on 1 front work light and on 1 back work light also removed all other lights from that vehicle just to test flickering and guess what it flickers when moving camera if both front and back work lights are ON also increasing max num shadow light doesnt do anything becouse 10 is max for engine atm

btw ur file doesnt help me without shape.i3d and xml file

ill keep it simple add shadows only to low and high beam and front work lights but ill increase their range and cone angle however if u turn on front work lights while having high beam also ON shadows from high beam will become 50% less visible while front work light wont create shadow but if u use low beam and front work light or just front work light then it will create shadow as it should

SAMPLES:
LOW BEAM___________________HIGH BEAM
ImageImage
FRONT WORK LIGHT________FRONT W.L.+HIGH BEAM
ImageImage
psu - FSP Group 650W
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Eep

Post by Eep »

I only notice flickering occassionally when around lots of streetlights (I have them all set to cast shadows). If true, it *censored* the game engine can't handle more than 10 shadow lights at once. I didn't change the i3d.shapes or XML files so just the I3D should work with yours fine (assuming you haven't changed something in them).

Ever heard of punctuation? It's amazing... ;)