MOD REQUESTS!

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Rick76

MOD REQUESTS!

Post by Rick76 »

Requesting following mods

GPS, ( like the one UpsideDown made ) Original Author have quited updating FS mods )
Compass indicator. ( Dont know the Author )
Follow me, ( dont know the author )

Anyone know how to convert or how to do, PLEASE!! put some time to these mods!
cmdrbyron

Re: MOD REQUESTS!

Post by cmdrbyron »

Hi Rick76,

What are you contributing to the effort, other than starting yet another demand/whine/beg thread?
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

showcasing on youtube with a famous youtuber, better comercial cant be found! ;)
hellewellth

Post by hellewellth »

there is already a Compass in the map, look at the first set of numbers 0-360.
TSM

Post by TSM »

DeckerMMIV Followme scritper is waiting for Giants to release scripting SDK

Wopster is working on an alternative to GPS
cabmac

Post by cabmac »

hellewellth wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:45 pm there is already a Compass in the map, look at the first set of numbers 0-360.

:?: :?:
FarmingRemasterd

Post by FarmingRemasterd »

can we try and not post so much about mod requests? it aggervates the community!
Massey Ferguson For Life. If it ain't red, leave it in the shed.
Rules for yall...viewtopic.php?f=893&t=74799
Manure is for the fields...not the forum.
Vanquish081

Post by Vanquish081 »

Yes there is already a Compas in map PDA, indicate grades and coordenates.

Decker_MMV is the author of the mod Follow Me, Quickcamera and other good mods, I know that he is converting this mods.
Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV »

Rick76 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm [..] dont know the author [..]
Maybe you should spend just a little bit more time looking up that information... it is so easy to find, both in the in-game modhub and on the web ModHub for FS17 - https://www.farming-simulator.com/mods.php?title=fs2017

I've marked with blue where the author is displayed, in the FS17 in-game modhub:
Image - Image

Rick76 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm Anyone know how to convert or how to do, PLEASE!! put some time to these mods!
Please direct your "urgency for community-made mods with scripts" to GIANTS Software. - Because we modders/scripters in the community are ready to start modding/scripting.

But since there is not yet any officially published LUA-scripts/LUADOC for FS19, it is very very difficult for the community mod-scripters to begin correctly converting/upgrading our mods from the previous game versions to FS19.

Oh BTW: I see no need to convert my FS17 Compass mod to FS19, since it is now built-in, as so many other players already have discovered. *thumbsup*
Dogface

Post by Dogface »

I love your mods, thanks! Follow me and VeGS change the game.
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

thanks Decker! verry nice and helpful, just like your mods!
fhinze

Post by fhinze »

Rick76 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:53 pm Requesting following mods

GPS, ( like the one UpsideDown made ) Original Author have quited updating FS mods )
Compass indicator. ( Dont know the Author )
Follow me, ( dont know the author )

Anyone know how to convert or how to do, PLEASE!! put some time to these mods!

I 100% agree on the "GPS" and "Follow" Mods. These mods should be priority! instead GIANTS are frustrating many by working on new maps and tools that are really less important.

Mods that improve over-all game-play in general should be priority! And the fact that something as crucial as "Course-Play" is still not part of the base game by now, that is just nuts! - These guys at Giants really need a Prioritizing check! as prioritizing, and seeing those priorities through, does not seem to be one of their strong points.

Please GIANTS, We need GPS and Follow me. Course play is apparently still in development by the guys who made Course Play for FS15 and FS17. The fact that GIANTS has not employed these guys in order to incorporate Course Play into the base game yet, is a worry! What if they one day grow tired of FS and decide not to make course play anymore? Guess then I will also grow tired of having to transport and compacting everything myself and just quit buying future versions of FS.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

You need to ask the modders first
Rick76

Post by Rick76 »

That is indeed a disturbance, when the modders leave... when they do, the "credit" etc should fall and be made Free for All do what you want ...
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

When FS17 came out the LUA API docs were soon to follow. It also helped the docs didn’t change drastically so a lot of the scripts only needed minor tweaking to convert from FS15 to FS17. For example, Drive Control and GPS were out in mere days after release of FS17.

Furnishing these docs so quickly after release of 17 set a precedent that was expected this time around and has not come as of yet. Add to the fact that the docs have changed drastically and you get a lot of frustration from the Modder because he cannot create or update their mod and from the player because they don’t understand why new mods are taking so long because it was almost instantaneous when FS17 was released.