Problem with edit.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
AceofSpades

Problem with edit.

Post by AceofSpades »

The 1.2 beta ground modification tools are available by downloading the beta, which is something I have been waiting for. So although I have not made a map since FS15 I used the editor to remove things around the SE farm area of Ravenport. Things I removed are trees mostly because they are tree types you cant cut down in game and things like the junk pile and the old water pump. I made sure that the entire thing was deleted nothing remains in the scenegraph.

But in game when using the terrain tools you cant modify any spot a tree or the junk pile ect, was at. The game says cant modify the terrain there. There is NO collision in the game when you drive into any of those spots so I am pretty sure the whole thing got deleted.
You also cant place any kind of placeable if any of those deleted items are in that area you want the placeable. It is like the deleted items are still there but have no collision or graphics.

Any ideas?
AceofSpades

Re: Problem with edit.

Post by AceofSpades »

Must be a bug in the game I have run across other posts on this over time but no acknowledgment by Giants regarding it.

Either way, if anyone is having this problem look for a mod out there called "place anywhere" I believe. It removes all restrictions you can even build on top of other things so be careful with it but at least it is a workaround for the bug. Oddly enough lol with that mod installed it also fixed the inability to modify terrain in those same spots ( you could not place anything or modify terrain height in any way). Once installed I have no problem doing everything to the terrain I want to.