[FS19] Multi Terrain Angle

mligh2

[FS19] Multi Terrain Angle

Post by mligh2 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:16 am

Visited the post I cited below today looking to see if anyone had tried this for FS19 yet:

viewtopic.php?f=895&t=103798&hilit=incr ... directions

In short, there's no way to do this yet. BUT, I was looking through some map.i3d files in 19 and found a few things I thought were interesting. I was hoping a few more seasoned map modders could comment and let me know your thoughts...

So if you follow the instructions Stegei left us in the post above you'll know right where I'm at. I noticed in the FS19 map.i3d files I looked through that the number of density map channels is already set to 13 and the combined values channels is "0 3 0;6 2 0;3 3 1".

Could this possibly mean that Giants is paving the way for multi terrain angle (MTA) in a future update? Some have speculated that Giants won't do this so as not to tax the user's machine quite so much. So my thought is why not let the user decide for themselves? Make MTA an option in the graphics/game settings... Option could be something like "Terrain Channels" and choices could be "default, +1, +2, +3, +4". Personally in all my FS15 and FS17 maps I always added 4 channels (that's 64 different angles in a 180 degree plane). Really made for nice curves.

Also, just curious how hard would it be to make MTA an mod? Or is this something that is strictly map-specific as it was in FS15 and FS17?

petorious

Re: [FS19] Multi Terrain Angle

Post by petorious » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:00 am

Bump this one up!

The game is screaming for this option either as an update or a how.to mod.

Pete.

Procobator

Post by Procobator » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:01 pm

I think the density channels increased because there is now lime and chopped straw. I could be wrong though.

KevinMn

Post by KevinMn » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:24 am

There are SO many things Giants should have made options, instead of just choosing one for us. Something like seat cam, so the indoor camera is a child of the seat, so it bounces along. That could very easily have been an option, so everyone was happy, instead of only 50%.. And Terrain angles like you said. There're multiple other examples.