Challenger MT700E

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
bossmanslim

Challenger MT700E

Post by bossmanslim »

The Challenger MT700E, by Giants, was released on the modhub yesterday. It is a 384hp tractor for $314K

The Challenger MT738 in the base game is a 380hp tractor for $387K.

WTF? I can see no difference between the tractors, which begs the question why release a mod that is basically the same tractor as in your base game that costs $73K less? Talk about the left hand and right hand not communicating.
cmdrbyron

Re: Challenger MT700E

Post by cmdrbyron »

More likely an instance of people whining for it to be included, so voila!

To many, they aren't paying as much attention as you are - they just want to drive that one specific tractor...
eric21

Post by eric21 »

There's a lot of difference between the two, the in game base one is the latest model, and th3 modhub one is the older models. Maybe you should ask Challenger about that. In fact most tractors are the same
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

eric21 wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 pm There's a lot of difference between the two, the in game base one is the latest model, and th3 modhub one is the older models. Maybe you should ask Challenger about that. In fact most tractors are the same
Besides price and the actual model, what are the differences that matter to game mechanics? They have the same HP, the same speed and seem to work the same, so why is there a huge price difference other than whomever set the mods price didn't bother to look a the comparable tractor in game? There are several tractors that are reskins or slightly different from other tractors in the game and some of that stuff is priced weird, which I expect from 3rd party modders, but I expect giants to release mods that are balanced within the current game. There is no reason to use the base game 700 series Challenger (or Fendt clone) with this mod.
eric21

Post by eric21 »

The brand pretty much and market demands I guess? I guess giants modelled it on actual prices or thereabouts.
TZ441

Post by TZ441 »

all of the tractors are based off of irl pricing so ya. challenger upgraded alot of stuff in the new 700 series thats y its more expesive.
FS15, FS17, FS19 all on Xbox.
FS19 on PC
4th Generation Cattle rancher in South Dakota.