Plant - textures ? ? ?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
HC1Gunner

Plant - textures ? ? ?

Post by HC1Gunner »

I'm playing a 3rd party map that is very well done, but out of respect for the author, the map shall remain nameless. Giant went forth with new textures in 19 and made changes to plant foliage textures. But the corn / maize is poorly done when comes to ground textures after the corn has been harvested, it just bare dirt with dust on it, even the grain fields at least have cut stubble showing, I feel they could have done better job for the corn / maize.

My problem is this...the author definitely used his own or 3rd party foliage textures, and after corn is harvested, the ground is complete covered, you can't see dirt anywhere, to me this is also unrealistic, especially with corn that is chopped.

1. The problem is, with the ground completely covered, you can't see where fertilizer has been applied, liquid or solid. And with no GPS, and only our eyes as visual guide to make passes, with out seeing any texture change on the ground of harvested corned, you have no idea what's be covered.

2. I want to change the textures for corn / maize just for the after harvest, not during any of the grow cycle.

3. When I went to the games default directory listed below, I saw (11) .dds files for maize, but they all looked like pictures during growth, and nothing after harvest. Are those files located in different directory, or handling a different way in FS19?

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2019\data\foliage"

And when I looked the mod maps directory at "maps\foliage", I could really see anything that depicted maize after harvest.

I just need to come up with a different texture for maize after its been harvested, and find the directory, and or proper file type. I need some kind of ground texture that will allow me to see where fertilizer has been put down, as it is now, I can't see a thing, and have to to keep popping in and out of the PDA.

Ground completely covered, and I need to change it, even if I have to use the games default file that shows no corn stalk at all. Its just too much of pain trying to fertilize corn after harvest!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lFCDku ... sp=sharing
Asus ROG STRIX X670E-A GAMING
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D
32GB G.SKILL Trident Z5 Neo AMD EXPO 32GB DDR5 6000 F5-6000J3038F16GX2-TZ5NR
SSD NVMe 1 TB - Samsung 990 PRO
Sapphire NITRO+ RX 7900 XTX Vapor-X
Corsair HX1200 1200 Watt Pwr Sup
NZXT Kraken Z73 360 AIO CPU Cooler
Sennheiser Game One headset / Sennheiser GSX 1000 Gaming Audio Amplifier
LG 32GK850G-B 32" QHD 65Hz Refresh Rate
Win 11 Pro 64bit