Modding

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Bigboy1969

Modding

Post by Bigboy1969 »

Are there any mod creators online? How difficult is it to create a vehicle mod? I would really like a 95-96 Dodge ram 3500 club cab. Or crew cab. But I don't know if there are any mods for such a vehicle in the makings. :search: :hmm: o :?:

Edit: I play on ps4. So sorry for not adding this before.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
Last edited by Bigboy1969 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
GenXFarmer

Re: Modding

Post by GenXFarmer »

Yes.
It's difficult for a beginner.
Download this https://www.ls17mods.com/fs19-dodge-d250-v1-0/
Oh, I’m sorry, I thought this was America.
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

You won’t be able to get those from the ingame modhub as Giants doesn’t have a license for Dodge. You might be able to find them for PC only on a number of other sites, just be careful as you can get some real garbage out there that could ruin your PC. If you are on console, unless someone gets permission from Dodge it won’t happen.

I can only think of 1 mod for FS17 that made console for an off brand, a bobcat skid steer, but the creator got a license from bobcat to create and release it and Giants honored the license.

So long story short, if either you can do the work or find someone else who is willing to you are probably out of luck. You could always model a “Lizard” brand truck without a license, but if it is a really good model and looks a lot like a Dodge they could put a cease and desist order on the mod as well.
Bigboy1969

Post by Bigboy1969 »

So if someone got the license from dodge. It could happen. Though it's not likely. Could they make an off brand version of the truck like on fs17?
jah6575

Post by jah6575 »

Yes they could make up a brand, but depending upon how close a model it is it could be subject to legal action from Dodge even if it isn’t made as Dodge brand.
Bigboy1969

Post by Bigboy1969 »

Hmm. I wonder if that vehicle would be public domain because it has been ten years since the truck was made. I have some searching to do. Lol
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Just because something is "public domain", doesn't mean anyone and everyone can use it to make money. As Sony and Microsoft explictly control content accessible to consoles, they thereby profit from it. This is what complicates matters when trying to port content to consoles.
Bigboy1969

Post by Bigboy1969 »

I see. That makes things difficult indeed.