A Question for Giants QA team

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
jah6575

A Question for Giants QA team

Post by jah6575 »

Hello,
I am an amateur modder and have released a few mods for FS17 and have begun editing vehicle mods to expand my horizons. I have edited all of the Giants balers in game, including Giants mods released. My edits have only changed the capacity of the balers, increasing it from 4000 l to 8000 l. I have tested them and they work fine, however they are simply edits. I haven’t learned anything yet with Blender to change the stickers on the mods or anything like that.

In addition I have modified the New Holland wheels skid steer to increase its weight and put it further toward the rear of the vehicle to simulate a rear ballast.

I am considering uploading to modhub, my rationale being the bale limit for console, and my like of the skid steer, but it’s lack of ability to lift heavy things like lime bags and such. I am primarily a console player and so I seek to have these available for not only myself but other players who have matching wishes.

I can’t find anything disallowing this in the guidelines, but someone mentioned it and I seem to remember something similar in FS17. So before I waste any more of my own time or your time, is this practice permitted?
cmdrbyron

Re: A Question for Giants QA team

Post by cmdrbyron »

Giants typically do not permit what they consider to be "minor" or "trivial" changes to their existing content, which is what you have done. Might want to re-check the Modding Guidelines for further information.