Problem seeing Giants Editor version 8.1.0.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
goldwing0214

Problem seeing Giants Editor version 8.1.0.

Post by goldwing0214 »

Installed Giants Editor 8.1 after opening 8.0 advised of an update. 8.0 works fine but when I go to open 8.1 all I see is G icon in tool bar at bottom of screen but Editor panel doesn't appear. Holding cursor over icon only shows a white square with nothing in it. Somehow I'm unable to see Editor screen. I deleted version 8.0 to see if that is causing a conflict but didn't fix the problem.
> Sorry don't have an attachment to send with this request for help.

EDIT(Lethian): Moved this one to the modding section as this is not a bugreport for the game, maybe someone is able to help you here as this seems to be specific to your setup.
MarcoSlo

Re: Problem seeing Giants Editor version 8.1.0.

Post by MarcoSlo »

I also have a problem with GE. It mostly closes when loading. But when it opens, there are no textures.
Thanks for the help.
Excuse me in bad English.
http://prntscr.com/n6d185
Lp. MarcoSlo
LS09God

Re: Problem seeing Giants Editor version 8.1.0.

Post by LS09God »

As Lethian already said, it seems a system specific issue. Tried to replicate the problem on two different machines, couldn't do that. All works fine.
Maybe doing an system wide clean would do the trick.
Another thing you could try is, instead of updating GE, remove it completely and install the 8.1. version freshly.
And close all non essential programs that are not in use. Editing programs like to work in a clean and stable environment.
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.