modders wtf?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
prototilt

modders wtf?

Post by prototilt »

Modders and giants Why 3m Cultivators Must Be So Hell A Lot. is it not enough? and finally a few more than over 10 meters. The machines are growing all the time and there are smaller and smaller accessories. :?: :?: :!: :!:

olsou we wand real dirt mod console
Patrick73

Re: modders wtf?

Post by Patrick73 »

To the opening post...has it not occurred to you that the modders who make these 3m cultivators maybe still getting to grips with Modding and this latest version of the game? In 6 months time they maybe creating the mods you so desire but with comments like yours they probably wont bother to share them with us.i for one am grateful for everything they make,it might not all be to my taste but I admire their talents and the contribution they make.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Someone new to modding in FS19 gets to grips with the editor and such by making 3M Cultivators or a 2M Plough or a Pallet/Bale Fork. That’s nice and obviously we encourage Modders to start small, learn how stuff works before they move onto bigger items and larger projects. However for these Modders making the 3M Cultivators etc do they really need to subject everyone to the ModHub? Why not just keep them private for their own use and for their experience when it comes to mod making? Why must every mod everyone first makes be submitted to Giants?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Phigo

Post by Phigo »

The question should be: Why not? Who judges about what is too much and which mod/implement is needed?

If I don't Need a specific mod - I don't use or even download it. Some Mods are nice to have. It is all about choices.

If I want a new car IRL I can choose from a good amount of different cars. Go a few decades back in Europe. A small (let's call it) Country the german democrathic republic hat exactly two (2) Different types of cars. You purchased them and had to wait years untill you would get it.

Besides the last Point where is the fun in a game, where I can Chose between a limited amount of vehicles? Why not have loads of different types? You don't like it? Fine - don't use it. But let the modders do what they do - ON THEIR WAY. They do it as a Hobby in their spare time for free. THANKS FOR THAT

Only Giants could complain about "too much mods" or not enough Different mods but they wouldn't. They just make the rules how the mods gonna be tested and released and that is fine as well since it is their game.

Enough of that - I got some work to do and after that I will enjoy a beatyful game with even more beautyful mods which make the game even more fun - every single one of them.
PS4 und PC
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Don't get me wrong I want lots of variety and choices in game when it comes to equipment and machinery, I really do. However when the only variety is coming to a small section of equipment that no one uses, that's where there is a problem. 2M Ploughs, 3M Cultivators are far too small to every be used practically unless you are playing on a really small map with really tiny fields, or you just like to spend 10 hours in real life working one field. So for I'm guessing 99% of the player base they would never use these mods. Now if these mod authors were making 6M, 10M, 15M, 20M, 30M, 50M versions of Ploughs and Cultivators, which the game has real lack of variety in, I'm sure more people would be happy and I guessing probably 99% of the player base would actually use those in game. I'd be happy for people to upload and submit as many of those as they can.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Phigo

Post by Phigo »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:18 am Don't get me wrong I want lots of variety and choices in game when it comes to equipment and machinery, I really do. However when the only variety is coming to a small section of equipment that no one uses, that's where there is a problem. 2M Ploughs, 3M Cultivators are far too small to every be used practically unless you are playing on a really small map with really tiny fields, or you just like to spend 10 hours in real life working one field. So for I'm guessing 99% of the player base they would never use these mods. Now if these mod authors were making 6M, 10M, 15M, 20M, 30M, 50M versions of Ploughs and Cultivators, which the game has real lack of variety in, I'm sure more people would be happy and I guessing probably 99% of the player base would actually use those in game. I'd be happy for people to upload and submit as many of those as they can.
Most of my Post was because of OP...

As far as download-rates or used by player-rates goes: I don't know. In the german Forum is a good couple of users that seems to Play with small (and old) Equipment on small maps. ATM I Play an tiny fields and plan on staying that way. Only expand will go by numbers. More fields and more machinery, but all small. I do not doubt that most of the Players let their Business grow and expand to bigger machinery and will even have unrealistic big machinery for their field-/Farmsizes but if the modders (from which reason ever) like to upload small Equipment I will not argue that.
PS4 und PC
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Modders make what they like, not what you demand. Maybe the modder likes small equipment?

50 metre cultivators and ploughs? Heh.
Niklas1888

Post by Niklas1888 »

theSeb wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:07 pm
50 metre cultivators and ploughs? Heh.
Sooooooo trueeeeeee.... 50m are probably still not enough for most of the FS Players
Realistic (Hard - CropRotation - Seasons)
Realistisch (Schwer - Fruchtfolgen - Seasons)

Converted versions of: Süd Thüringen, Gamsting, Bindlbach, Untergriesbach

System: ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Gaming / Intel Core i7-13700K /Gigabyte Aero OC RTX4080 / 32GB DDR5-5600 / 1TB Samsung 990Pro / 1TB Samsung 980Pro
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Well we ought to have some good sized Ploughs and Cultivators to really get the usage out of our Big Buds and Challenger Tractors. So yeah I would love to see some bigger equipment in these departments, as it's definitely an under appreciated and represented area of the game right now.

Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

As theSeb said, modders make what they want to create, because they enjoy it. No one enjoys making something they don't wanna make so why make something you don't want for free when you can make something you do want instead.

Point is, don't get mad just because modders aren't making the thing you like but be gratefull they modders actually make and release stuff for the community to use.

If you really want something that and no one is making it for you then I suggest that you learn how to make models yourself so you can have the stuff you like. That's what I did ;)
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:06 am Someone new to modding in FS19 gets to grips with the editor and such by making 3M Cultivators or a 2M Plough or a Pallet/Bale Fork. That’s nice and obviously we encourage Modders to start small, learn how stuff works before they move onto bigger items and larger projects. However for these Modders making the 3M Cultivators etc do they really need to subject everyone to the ModHub? Why not just keep them private for their own use and for their experience when it comes to mod making? Why must every mod everyone first makes be submitted to Giants?
There are already massive cultivators and ploughs in the base game. Have you checked those out?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

There is only the Flexicoil as a massive Cultivator which is 24M off the top of my head, and the largest plough is one of them god awful angled 10M ones. Nope sorry there needs to be some work on really implementing larger tools in these categories.

stoeptegel

Post by stoeptegel »

all those 3m cultivators have different work HP Requirements, so its actually quite varied equipment.
i would suggest you to start modding yourself and use your point of view as a good motivation.
modders mostly make what they want as stated above a few times already. remember these people do it in their free time .
cwattyeso wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:33 pm Nope sorry there needs to be some work on really implementing larger tools in these categories.
so start to learn modding today :lol:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

No I'm far too old now in life and far too short on patience to teach myself 3D Modeling. I don't mind doing a bit of tinkering where I can in the Giants Editor to tweak stuff to my own personal taste, but the serious lack of documentation and good tutorials makes it hard for me to go much further with that. So I basically just stick to xml config editing as that's always nice and simple.

Plenty of modders out there who could make stuff far quicker then me, who I'm no doubt would like a challenge so I'm hereby putting it out there, make some big cultivators and ploughs for the game. I look forward to downloading them off the modhub once you have submitted them and will rate them very highly.

wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

I happen to agree cwattyeso. Enough of this 3m stuff. And for those that say we need more - take a look in game. How many smaller implements are there vs the large ones?

The problem is the modhub is getting bogged down with this stuff and thats why we have to wait for the real good stuff. But, as I am in the minority opinion here, I expect to get clowned and flamed. So go ahead boys lets have it.