modders wtf?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Peter Griffin

Re: modders wtf?

Post by Peter Griffin »

It's funny that just a month ago everybody complained that there is not enough mods and now the complaint is there's too much of mods that aren't to your taste? :hmm:
XBOX/ FS22
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Well, you guys ought to get modding then instead of demanding stuff. *bro fist bump*
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

where on the modhub do I search by author?

I wanted to insert the names of the posters here and see what comes up.

O never mind I figured it out you just type in the name of the mod author so lets see insert forum poster names...............and nothing hmmmm interesting
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I've never submitted any of my mods or mod edits to modhub so good look searching for me on there dingbat. I don't make my mods public , apart from a fix to the Estancia Lapacho map because Giants refuse to do it. If I did decide to publish my mods, I wouldn't do it by submitting to Giants ModHub as well frankly they are far too restrictive and limiting on what we can and can not include. Also I don't really care about my Mods being available on Console as I'm done with FS19 on console after getting my Platinum Trophy so am 100% back on to the PC version where the modding landscape is a lot brighter and larger and more varied.

Also to Peter Griffin I for one have never complained about the number of mods, again probably because I'm a PC Player I've been able to get a lot of mods from Day 1 and haven't been reliant on the ModHub. However I will always be super critical at Giants lack of variety that they post on there. There comes a point where someone needs to say enough with the 2M & 3M Tools and all the Pallet Forks, Bale Forks and Buckets, we have enough. Now let's move on to adding some variety in other areas of the game that's lacking representation.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
throsbi

Post by throsbi »

Inseted dingbait and just as I thought nothing comes up.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:06 pm I've never submitted any of my mods or mod edits to modhub so good look searching for me on there dingbat. I don't make my mods public , apart from a fix to the Estancia Lapacho map because Giants refuse to do it. If I did decide to publish my mods, I wouldn't do it by submitting to Giants ModHub as well frankly they are far too restrictive and limiting on what we can and can not include. Also I don't really care about my Mods being available on Console as I'm done with FS19 on console after getting my Platinum Trophy so am 100% back on to the PC version where the modding landscape is a lot brighter and larger and more varied.

Also to Peter Griffin I for one have never complained about the number of mods, again probably because I'm a PC Player I've been able to get a lot of mods from Day 1 and haven't been reliant on the ModHub. However I will always be super critical at Giants lack of variety that they post on there. There comes a point where someone needs to say enough with the 2M & 3M Tools and all the Pallet Forks, Bale Forks and Buckets, we have enough. Now let's move on to adding some variety in other areas of the game that's lacking representation.

Well you have complained. You’ve moaned about lack of mods of fridays and want more for the weekend. But why ? You have loads as you’ve stated.
And the lack of variety could be down to a lot failing. Have you considered that ? Pretty sure Giants would add them if mods passed. They have no reason to hold mods back unless they fail. Pretty obvious but you just don’t get it.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
eric21

Post by eric21 »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:06 pm I've never submitted any of my mods or mod edits to modhub so good look searching for me on there dingbat. I don't make my mods public , apart from a fix to the Estancia Lapacho map because Giants refuse to do it. If I did decide to publish my mods, I wouldn't do it by submitting to Giants ModHub as well frankly they are far too restrictive and limiting on what we can and can not include. Also I don't really care about my Mods being available on Console as I'm done with FS19 on console after getting my Platinum Trophy so am 100% back on to the PC version where the modding landscape is a lot brighter and larger and more varied.

So instead of slating them, why dont you help them to make better mods?
HoridMatec

Post by HoridMatec »

I agree with cwattyeso, its enough with this small stuff mods, we have waited for Peter Vill Farm for an long time and insteed giants test useless stuff insted of good maps or other bigger implements.
Jeytav

Post by Jeytav »

Giants don't pick and choose what to test. They test whats highest in the waitlist and mods that fail testing(afaik mods that fail will have a higher priority in the waiting list) but in either case, Giants can't just pick the mods they want to test, that would be unfair to all the modders who gets jumped.

and can this thread just get locked? pretty sure there us plenty of these threads out there
TSM

Post by TSM »

I agree with @eric21 ;)

Some of the people in this thread give the rest of console user's a bad name ;)
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Players demand modders provide FREE content
because absolutely anything and everything from:
- the farming world (every make/model/configuration/iteration ever created), to
- construction (need 1,000T cranes to lift silage bales!), to
- sports cars (need to get there faster), to
- emergency services (because I crashed my sports car - I'm RP'ing!!), to
- jet fighters (did I mention I needed to get there fast?), to
- aliens (who will abduct my cows, and I can shoot at them with my jet fighter!)

should have been included with the base game - all because "GIANTS TOOK MY MONEY!!"

Players complain about the FREE service offered by GIANTS to deliver FREE content provided by modders
because it isn't fast enough, or thorough enough, or they failed a desired mod on "something silly"

Players complain about FREE content following delivery
because it isn't what they wanted/expected (individually)
- "The discs should be exactly 7.8 inches apart, because that's how it is IRL!"; or
- "Actually, I wanted Brand Y, not Brand X..."

Players wonder why number of high-end/complex mods doesn't increase...

I use the term "player" in an over-arching generalist sense, not a global, all-encompassing sense.
Last edited by cmdrbyron on Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TSM

Post by TSM »

cmdrbyron you sir have some imagination :mrgreen: *thumbsup*
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Sadly, not all imagination - all examples I've stumbled across between FS15 and FS19 when reading through forums and comments on mod sites/modder FB/Blogs. Though I will profess to using my imagination for the contextual examples I provided, as I can only wonder at the "necessity" for many of the mods requested (because I admit, I don't always understand the rationale) ;)
Cad_dao

Post by Cad_dao »

Hi,

Indeed, modders create mods as a hobby or as they need them. Being motivated and having fun creating mods is what keeps them doing so. And mostly, they do it on free time and share THEIR work with community. So never ask for mods as you would order a meal at restaurant. And most of all, appreciate if somewhere in time, you get a mod you hoped for.

Regards!
FS 17 & 19 on XBOX one
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

i have been told (not sure if true) that when you start modding, Giants expect you to put forward two simple small mods before they let you submit larger more complicated ones, don't know how true this is, but if it is the case then that would explain why we get a lot of small mods!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding