Factory Mod Help for a noob

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
elric74

Factory Mod Help for a noob

Post by elric74 »

I use a lot of factory (like the one producing cloth, or fuel or whiskey, hundreds of them) in my games but I find that profitability is a bit unbalanced so i would like to change some parameter as the quantity in input or output, without changing anything else. Can you tell me in general (I dont know if it depends on the specific mod) where this information is contained and how to modify it? Do I need to use specific tool or just a text editor is ok. I am not planning to go deep in modding, just to modify simple parameter.
Thanks for support!
wiseguy49

Re: Factory Mod Help for a noob

Post by wiseguy49 »

if you open up the modDesc.xml you should see the additional products in the map listed there. if you look through those lines, you'll come across pricePerLiter . Change that to a higher value. You'll have to experiment to get it where you want.

Yes use a text editor (such as Notepad++) to do this.
elric74

Post by elric74 »

I mean, if I have a beer factory mod that has in input (just example, numbers ofc are not correct) 100 grain and 100 wheat and in output 100 beer, I would like to change the input and output quantities like 50 beer in output or 200 barley and 150 wheat in input.
wiseguy49

Post by wiseguy49 »

That would be located in the map.i3d file. It could be called map01.i3d or it may be something else specific to the map name. Again you would use Notepad++ and probably use a Search function. You'll want to look at the user attributes of the factory which is near the bottom of the i3d. Be careful because it may not be easy to tell which factory is which if you have a lot of them.
elric74

Post by elric74 »

Thanks,
is it not possible to modify something in mod iteself before adding it to the map? in that case where the info of input and output quantity would be located? any hint on what to search?