[Answered] Question about the Multi Filling Station Mod by Castiga/EDGE Gaming (PS4)

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Michael5941

[Answered] Question about the Multi Filling Station Mod by Castiga/EDGE Gaming (PS4)

Post by Michael5941 »

This Is a fantastic mod as I don't have a way of mixing TMR currently so this allows me to buy it but in the description it says something about the delivery people taking 10%, and 15% on any crop harvest. I'm sorry if I'm being oblivious here but what exactly does that mean?

Other than that the mod is great and thanks to the modders for the hard work invested in it and bringing it to console.
Last edited by Michael5941 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PS4 User(PSN- LoneWolf5841)
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Thanks to the modders for the wonderful work they do, Happy Farming :hi:
cwattyeso

Re: Question about the Multi Filling Station Mod by Castiga/EDGE Gaming (PS4)

Post by cwattyeso »

Basically what that means is that when you buy crop products from either silo you pay 15% more then the standard in game price. So if you buy Wheat, Barley, Corn, Potatoes, Cane etc anything you could grow and harvest yourself you pay 15% over the base price.

Any other product you buy you pay 10% over the base price so this applies to things like Seed, Fertiliser, Silage, TMR, Pig Food, Milk, Manure, Slurry, Straw, Grass, Hay, Digestate, Fuel and Water.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:36 am Basically what that means is that when you buy crop products from either silo you pay 15% more then the standard in game price. So if you buy Wheat, Barley, Corn, Potatoes, Cane etc anything you could grow and harvest yourself you pay 15% over the base price.

Any other product you buy you pay 10% over the base price so this applies to things like Seed, Fertiliser, Silage, TMR, Pig Food, Milk, Manure, Slurry, Straw, Grass, Hay, Digestate, Fuel and Water.
Ah, seems to be balanced nicely. Thanks for the explanation :hi:
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
RODHA

Post by RODHA »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:36 am ... standard in game price.
...the base price.
What are those? There are no standard or base crop buying or selling prices in the game.
First of all there is no crop buying function in the base game let alone there is a price for it.
The same goes with selling prices. There is no base or standard price. All is variable in different ranges depending on the economy setting.
There is no base definition to indentify %10 or %15 mentions in this mod. For example, I just bought corn from a price that is %60 lower than the lowest selling price at that time.
PS5 / FS22
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

RODHA wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:21 am
cwattyeso wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:36 am ... standard in game price.
...the base price.
What are those? There are no standard or base crop buying or selling prices in the game.
First of all there is no crop buying function in the base game let alone there is a price for it.
The same goes with selling prices. There is no base or standard price. All is variable in different ranges depending on the economy setting.
There is no base definition to indentify %10 or %15 mentions in this mod. For example, I just bought corn from a price that is %60 lower than the lowest selling price at that time.
Maybe it's basing off the current price so if you have wheat selling for $980/1000 liters it will be 15% of $980 which is $147 so you would be paying 147 dollars more than the current sale price. So in total you would spend $1,127 for purchasing 1000 liters while you would only make $980 for selling 1000 liters, but if the price increases to let say $1500/1000 liters it will be 15% of $1500 which is $225 dollars more so you would spend $1725 for purchasing 1000 liters while you would only make $980 for selling 1000 liters. Hopefully that makes sense and is correct math isn't my strongest subject

Now one problem about this is what sale point id it basing off of? Is it looking at the cheapest sale point or the most profitable sale point or is it taking a average?
Honestly taking an average makes more sense let's say we have 3 sale points, all using the $/1000liter format, 1 is selling wheat for $980, 1 for $1500 and the last for $2500
980+1500+2500=4,980÷3=1,660 then it adds 15% to that which is $249 add those together (1,660+249) and you get a total of $1,909 which is what you pay for each 1000 liters purchased, obviously this number would still fluctuate but it is all I can think of, the next question is would that require a script? If so then that alone may shatter this theory as I'm on ps4.

Edit- if no one beats me to it I'm going to load a test and buy a bunch of wheat and figure the numbers to see what it's basing off of. Given that math isn't my strongest subject, I may get a answer or I may give up and eat a frisbee due to frustration :lol:
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

Did a bit of testing and now I'm more confused than anything, it definitely isn't taking the average of anything nor is it taking it from the cheapest sale point or most profitable sale point. For example I bought 4000 liters of wheat out of the silo and it cost $1,550, 1 wheat big bag costs $1,500 that's for 1000 liters to get 4000 it would cost $6000 via big bags. So It's cheaper to buy from the silo, changed my economic difficulty to normal and it didn't change still cost $1,550 for 1000 liters via the silo so in turn I found out buying wheat with the silo is cheaper than big bags but now I'm more confused on what those percentages are being based off of. :confusednew:
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

It's really not hard to understand. Every item in the game has been given a base price by Giants or as they call it in their coding "Price Scale". Now on most of Giants maps every item in the game starts with the price scale at 1. Now this can change throughout the game based on the difficulty you selected when starting the game (New Farmer, Farm Manager, Start from Scratch) and what Economic Difficulty you have in the options. Where it gets a little bit harder is with sale points because their prices fluctuate from that original starting scale and rise and fall throughout your play through to simulate a living economy. Also if you are playing on a mod map, what you tend to find is the map authors adjust all these Price Scales for items and do it across their whole map from buy points to sell points. Basically what I'm saying is buying prices always stay the same (Which is why buying a bag of seed from the store never alters in price, or buying lime from the lime station, or fuel from the gas station), selling prices alter wildly, so compare the prices of the items in this mod to what it costs to buy items and don't compare the prices to what you get at selling stations as they will always vary wildly as selling stations not only have the Price Scale coding in flux but also get another modifier to their pricing the 'pricePerLiter' value.

However this mod tries to balance the functionality of the silos and their convenience by increasing the purchase cost of the items using what the mod author has jokingly stated as being the 10% and 15% charges. When in fact when you look at the mods data, specifically the xml, you can see they have just raised that standard/base price scale by the 10% and 15% for the items they want to make you pay more for.
Here is the XML data from the mod:
<fillType name="seeds" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="lime" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="liquidFertilizer" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="Fertilizer" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="herbicide" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="manure" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="wheat" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="barley" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="canola" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="sunflower " priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="soybean" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="maize" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="potato" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="sugarBeet" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="grass" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="oilseedRadish" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="oat" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="rye" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="spelt" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="triticale" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="millet" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="sorghum" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="carrot" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="onion" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="lettuce" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="redCabbage" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="cabbage" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="hops" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="sugarCane" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="poppy" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="cotton" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="silage" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="forage" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="pigfood" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="woodchips" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="tarp" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="cowfood" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="liquidmanure" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="slurry" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="straw" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="drygrass_windrow" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="haypellets" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="strawpellets" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="milk" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="grass_windrow" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="compost" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="digestate" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="fuel" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="chaff" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="sugar" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="water" priceScale="1.10"/>
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Michael5941

Post by Michael5941 »

cwattyeso wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:01 am It's really not hard to understand. Every item in the game has been given a base price by Giants or as they call it in their coding "Price Scale". Now on most of Giants maps every item in the game starts with the price scale at 1. Now this can change throughout the game based on the difficulty you selected when starting the game (New Farmer, Farm Manager, Start from Scratch) and what Economic Difficulty you have in the options. Where it gets a little bit harder is with sale points because their prices fluctuate from that original starting scale and rise and fall throughout your play through to simulate a living economy. Also if you are playing on a mod map, what you tend to find is the map authors adjust all these Price Scales for items and do it across their whole map from buy points to sell points. Basically what I'm saying is buying prices always stay the same (Which is why buying a bag of seed from the store never alters in price, or buying lime from the lime station, or fuel from the gas station), selling prices alter wildly, so compare the prices of the items in this mod to what it costs to buy items and don't compare the prices to what you get at selling stations as they will always vary wildly as selling stations not only have the Price Scale coding in flux but also get another modifier to their pricing the 'pricePerLiter' value.

However this mod tries to balance the functionality of the silos and their convenience by increasing the purchase cost of the items using what the mod author has jokingly stated as being the 10% and 15% charges. When in fact when you look at the mods data, specifically the xml, you can see they have just raised that standard/base price scale by the 10% and 15% for the items they want to make you pay more for.
Here is the XML data from the mod:
<fillType name="seeds" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="lime" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="liquidFertilizer" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="Fertilizer" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="herbicide" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="manure" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="wheat" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="barley" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="canola" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="sunflower " priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="soybean" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="maize" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="potato" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="sugarBeet" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="oilseedRadish" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="oat" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="rye" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="spelt" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="triticale" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="millet" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="sorghum" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="carrot" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="onion" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="lettuce" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="redCabbage" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="cabbage" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="hops" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="sugarCane" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="poppy" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="cotton" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="silage" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="forage" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="pigfood" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="woodchips" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="tarp" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="cowfood" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="liquidmanure" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="slurry" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="straw" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="drygrass_windrow" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="haypellets" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="strawpellets" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="milk" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="grass_windrow" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="compost" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="digestate" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="fuel" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="chaff" priceScale="1.10"/>
<fillType name="sugar" priceScale="1.15"/>
<fillType name="water" priceScale="1.10"/>
Ah okay I see what I'm doing wrong thanks makes sense now also thanks for providing the
XML data as I'm on ps4 so I can't open it.
Enjoying FS19 on PS4
kanine4u

Re: [Answered] Question about the Multi Filling Station Mod by Castiga/EDGE Gaming (PS4)

Post by kanine4u »

Hi, I was just wondering I play on ps4 but I can’t seem to find the mod anywhere even when I search for it, I was wondering if it is or isn’t on ps4