Question about capability

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
thumbwiz

Question about capability

Post by thumbwiz »

Before I started digging into the details of modding, I'd like to know if it's possible to make a modded change to the in game Garage screen where players can look at the equipment they own.
Specifically, I'd like to know if it's possible to add a check-box control that could enable/disable functionality.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
cmdrbyron

Re: Question about capability

Post by cmdrbyron »

Not sure you can add a "check box", but many mods have additional options (in the form of a selectable list, which could be as simple as "Yes" or "No") available in the store, some of which include adding/removing physical elements which have functionality associated with them.
thumbwiz

Re: Question about capability

Post by thumbwiz »

Ok thanks. I wanted to check the feasibility of adding a Yes/No toggle for tabbing (like the tab to trains) for each item owned.
Adding this to the players Garage screen would give an easy way to enable or disable per item. I wanted to consider including other owned objects such as plows, building and so on.
My other option is to popup a dialog with 2 lists, one with tab enabled items and the other tab disabled items. The popup would allow the player to add/remove items from each list.

I know we have the Park Vehicle mod, but if you want to re-enable a vehicle, you have to actually go find it in the world.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada