What happened to The Old Stream Farm

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
TimmyTheSnail

What happened to The Old Stream Farm

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

This is purely an opinion piece but what on Earth happened to the old stream farm. The 17 version was such a beautiful looking map with tight lanes, some big fields and just a really great layout. This 19 version however is completely different. I no longer get the feeling of a 70’s/old farm, the whole farm layout just feels very wrong and now there are roads cutting into fields that used to be quite a good size. Even the barns have lost their doors and no longer look old and the unique objects like the liquid fertiliser station for example is now just a copy and paste from a giants model (I believe). I know that modders don’t like to keep maps identical between each game but all I can say is I’m glad I still have FS17 so I can play this map on there because that version is miles better.
cwattyeso

Re: What happened to The Old Stream Farm

Post by cwattyeso »

Perhaps any changes between the FS17 version and the FS19 version are not purely the mod author's decision. Perhaps the changes to the game to incorporate the terrain sculpting and placeable system, plus Giants changes to what can and can't be in mods and that mods must meet new criteria, means that maybe the author has had to change the map to comply with the game going forward.

I must admit for me personally as a player I do prefer that when maps and mods are brought up to date for FS19 they aren't merely copy and pasted from FS17, but the authors spend a bit of time making changes and tweaks to offer these mods new leases of life. I also understand from a Mod Maker that it's a tough place to be in 2019, as a lot of people want old maps and old works just converted from game to game each release, where as I'm sure for many they would life to cut their teeth and do something completely new for FS19. So I can see why some authors are also making tweaks and changes when converting from FS17 to FS19, it's to make it interesting and enjoyable for them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

I've said it once, and ill say it again, why does everyone want FS19 to be just like FS17, if that's the case then don't buy 19! I like the changes to both Old stream Farm and to New Wood-shire, it makes the map fresh and gives me the chance to play the game differently than before, at the moment i play X-Box, but have just ordered a brand new PC to enable me to start making maps for FS 19, when i read this forum, it makes me wonder if i should even bother! come on guys start giving the modders support, rather than moaning about everything they do!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
TimmyTheSnail

Post by TimmyTheSnail »

First of all I never said I want Fs19 to be like 17. I like the changes that have happened to the game itself, this was merely a post about the old stream farm map, so please stay on topic. Secondly that’s fair enough that YOU like the changes. I’m not saying other people aren’t allowed to like it, I was merely putting MY opinion across, saying I do not like the changes that have been made. We’re living in a society where you’re not even allowed to now disagree with something that’s happened. It’s absolute madness. And again this isn’t saying oh black sheep modding are rubbish, not at all. I think they’re one of the best modding teams out there for the game, but again I just don’t like the changes that have happened to the old stream farm. Doesn’t mean I don’t like their other mods, doesn’t mean I don’t like or appreciate them either and it doesn’t mean I don’t like FS19
Higgings

Post by Higgings »

I love the new version, it is VERY nice. :)
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

Ok, i take your point, my bad, i just see so many people on this forum complaining, i jumped, of course everyone has an opinion, as you say it is a matter of taste! so i apologise for getting on my high horse!
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding