Hey Modders I would like to know if you can add more pickup trucks and add fifth wheel hitches and trailers thx

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Kruelkamo

Re: Hey Modders I would like to know if you can add more pickup trucks and add fifth wheel hitches and trailers thx

Post by Kruelkamo »

Not really how it works bro. Modders usually make what they want in their own time.
Legion Hills Logging on PC
TSM

Re: Hey Modders I would like to know if you can add more pickup trucks and add fifth wheel hitches and trailers thx

Post by TSM »

what I really want as a modder is a forum where mod requests are not allowed as this forum really is starting to take the pi**.
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

TSM wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:32 pm what I really want as a modder is a forum where mod requests are not allowed as this forum really is starting to take the pi**.
Agreed. This was once a great place for useful information. Now it is just littered with requests.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

TSM wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:32 pm what I really want as a modder is a forum where mod requests are not allowed as this forum really is starting to take the pi**.
I don't want to be argumentative, but what is it that bothers modders when somebody asks for a mod?
It doesn't mean you have to jump to it and fulfill their wishes. I figured some modders looking for the next project might be able to get some ideas of what people would like to see from looking at requests.
How about a section that is designated for requests rather than not allowing requests? This might be helpful for people that don't like request threads, but still feel the need to view them. If they wee in their own section, people that don't like them could just avoid the section completely.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
TSM

Post by TSM »

in most cases modder accepts a request then the person who requested it seems to thinks its ok to harass the modder until the mod is done or even have input on how its done ;)
thumbwiz

Post by thumbwiz »

Ok, I see your point. And I guess if you don't make it known that you have accepted the request, then the same request will be made several times. Maybe there should be a request category, and requests outside that could be moved or closed.
X1 / PC gaming
Ontario, Canada
cmdrbyron

Post by cmdrbyron »

Likewise, maybe some of those posting requests should invest the effort to determine if the request has been made previously, and if so, accept that it hasn't been taken up for one reason or another? This isn't (in my opinion) a matter of simply bombarding the same request over and over again, aka "popular vote" metric...

And, as TSM mentioned, the incessant pestering many modders endure from those who "want it all, yesterday, flawlessly" can be painful enough to read through as an observer, let alone a modder!
banditbooker17

Post by banditbooker17 »

I feel it stems from most modders having personal pages for their creations and gives the public to talk to the modder directly for whatever reason. When given the opportunity to talk directly to a modder there is always, and I do mean always someone and usually multiple people that will request, give ideas, suggest, etc mods they want to see made. So when modders come to the forums to answer questions or ask their own and they see yet more mod requests it tends to get on their nerves because these requests are EVERYWHERE!. Instead of having a forum for requests, how bout one where modders ASK for ideas. I doubt you'll see many of those though, because most if not all modders are modding because they have ideas of their own that they want to bring to life.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

I think it’s bothersome to some modders because it’s very apparent to them that usually the requester have no idea the time and dedication it takes to make a detailed original mod from scratch.

I’ve replied in the past with suggestions such as that they should give it a go themselves and even link tutorials or similiar mods. The majority of the replies I get are “I don’t have ability or skill”. It’s not your ability or skill that makes the mod. It’s your investment in time and perseverance that does. Everyone starts from the beginning.
TSM

Post by TSM »

New modders i find give up because they try something to complex as first mod, I got into modding making private edits, then I started making parts for my private edits in blender, then full models :)
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

TSM wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:40 pm New modders i find give up because they try something to complex as first mod, I got into modding making private edits, then I started making parts for my private edits in blender, then full models :)
This is what I have done!

I found a half finished Claas Atles mod back in FS17, it had no wheels, no sounds, no physics. I (with help from others!) managed to correct these things to a working model which I kept private to me, as I couldn't contact the author. :)
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage