Courseplay still useless?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
eric21

Re: Courseplay still useless?

Post by eric21 »

You remind me of a certain American president
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

100% my meaning too @fhinze.
CP MUST be in game the next FS, otherwise this was the last version for me.
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

Drmattymd wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:21 pm Courseplay does not belong to giants and is constantly in development. If you think it's going to be built into fs21, well then you're probably going to be disappointed.
I know but why doesn't add Giants, something what is so important to the game, itself?
The now inbuild "Helper" is useless.
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I wouldn't say its useless, it has difficulties yes but not useless
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I'd agree with the above I have been using it since it came out with few issues. Some modes are still being worked on and not yet available of those that are there the only troublesome mode is mode 2 for unloading the combine the fieldwork mode has be faultless for me and is SO much better than the basegame AI.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Everyone has different play style. I'm not using CP myself. But I agree that its functionality should be integrated into the base game to some extend.
The biggest point of criticism in my opinion is the fact that you need to record and maintain all the routes. AD is somewhat improved as you built up a whole network, not only single/independent routes. But why do we even need to do that?
We could have paintable (dirt-)roads with splines/routes already included in the background. The AI could be programmed to actively recognize buildings/trees/vehicles to find a route around them. So in the end you should be able to just command a combine to harvest field X in a very simple way. It will find it's own way to it autonomously and starts harvesting. Commanding a grain cart to unload the combine on the go? Same procedure. Having the grain cart to unload in a truck nearby the field? Sure thing. All done without having a single route recorded.

If you think further about this, contract work initiated from the players end would be possible in a nice way. Think about the missions system reversed: You as a player offer to have field X harvested/worked on. If a NPC accepts the offer, there could be a machine spawning (at the dealership?) and actually drive to the field on its own and start the job. So you would see live action on the fields without using your machines.

If it gets implemented into basegame please do it as simple as possible:
- recording routes only needed in very specific cases
- field course creator could have global setting for headlands/etc.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

@Eische

The way you describe in your post would be awesome.
But i think it is impossible for a mod (as f.i. CP).
So Giants must program it IN-game.
But then it would be very nice and opens new possibilities in the game.

Grtz.
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

If it wernt for courseplay I would have probly quit playing 19 by now, I have about 2000+ hours already, courseplay takes away a lot of the boring stuff so I can do huge fields which is what I really like.
King Zog

Post by King Zog »

Edit: Version CP 6.01 .00311dev No mods loaded other than CP and Money tool.
If you are buying FS 2019 and thinking you will have the same success with CP that you did with earlier versions you will be dissapointed. I for one am sticking to FS2017 until this is fixed.

Mode 2 for Courseplay in it's current form is not working very well unfortunately. It is "nearly" working, but compared to the version for 17 it is non functional.

In Mode 2 there are many issues with the unload combine function.
The main problems for me are issues with the vehicles crashing into each other and the "drunk driving" of the pickup vehicle.

For simply harvesting the field with a combine CP is fine.
Following a recorded course and dropping something off also fine.

Interacting on a field with other equipment on that same field, not fine. In fact I would go so far as to say it's broken.
Collision detection does not seem to be a thing anymore.
Pickup trailer driving into and over the combine.
Running up the back off it and all sorts of other driver errors.

I thought it was just me not using it correctly at first as I had not played FS for a while and came to 19 from 17, remembering how much success I had with 17 thinking I would replicate it.
Not so. After trying to get mode 2 working for many hours on 2019 I thought I would fire up 17 to see if it was just me doing something wrong.

When switching back to 17 I had the old CP ! working really well. No crashing of vehicles, no drunk driving. The chase vehicle moves out of the way of the combine as it should all working very well indeed and a joy to watch.

I have to commend the mod developers for trying to implement this in 19 as I know just how hard it can be to code. Hats off to the guys trying to get this to work. You have my sincere thanks and gratitude for putting your valuable time into this.

Fingers crossed that you can get to the bottom of the problems in this current version.
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

@King Zog

You made a point there.
Everytime a new version of FS came out, the developers of CP could start all over again.
For the CP-version of FS17, there where updates just 1 month before CP19 arrived.
That is amazing of those devs.
In my opinion there was, from Giants out, no coörporation to let work CP good again in FS19.
I really dont understand that for a such game important addition, as CP is and Giants has nothing build in such as CP.

I quote this:
I have to commend the mod developers for trying to implement this in 19 as I know just how hard it can be to code. Hats off to the guys trying to get this to work. You have my sincere thanks and gratitude for putting your valuable time into this.

Fingers crossed that you can get to the bottom of the problems in this current version.