Courseplay still useless?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BlackThumb

Courseplay still useless?

Post by BlackThumb »

It's been a while since I tried this as it completely borked my game. Is it still a WIP (translation: never going to be ready for release)?

All I've seen over the interwebz is complaints/errors/issues with this so am not going to bother to download. Can I take it that the 'modders' have given up and can't be bothered anymore to make this work and if someone knows of a great alternative that would be greatly appreciated (and it'd be safe to say not only just by me).

Cheers :hi:
Aging disgracefully and taking nothing with me!!!!
norfolk farmer

Re: Courseplay still useless?

Post by norfolk farmer »

It works fine for me.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

BlackThumb wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:03 am It's been a while since I tried this as it completely borked my game. Is it still a WIP (translation: never going to be ready for release)?

All I've seen over the interwebz is complaints/errors/issues with this so am not going to bother to download. Can I take it that the 'modders' have given up and can't be bothered anymore to make this work and if someone knows of a great alternative that would be greatly appreciated (and it'd be safe to say not only just by me).

Put it back in the box and go back to 17 it's the best alternative out there at the moment.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

norfolk farmer wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 am It works fine for me.
Hmmm, so you don't have 'mid-field crashes', not 'dumping' at tip points (animation works, but nothing else), driving like a drunk whilst 'pathfinding', when moving to a waypoint turns directly into (or tries to cut-off) combine, can't/won't use the 'size' for the header (non-mod equipment, so no 'funky' entries) and 'makes' it's own up (which leads to my first point).

But to be honest I have seen updates, like,.... ummm, fixing the HUD font (which is THE MOST important thing,.... oh wait..... no it's not, but somebody at CP thinks so... better step away from the bottle/drugs)

So, yeah, it's working fine, if you like half-baked, poorly coded and 'WOT', ooops meant 'WIP then yeah, it's great.

NB: 'WOT' = Waste Of Time
Last edited by BlackThumb on Thu May 02, 2019 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlackThumb

Post by BlackThumb »

Laughinggravy wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 10:19 am Put it back in the box and go back to 17 it's the best alternative out there at the moment.
I actually think you're onto something there.

I've been playing this game since 15 (and yes it is a game, if you take out all the mods and play 'vanilla' it is NOWHERE near any semblance of being a simulation but just a 'drive up and down the field, and cut the occasional tree down' game) and I have seen no other game that is as heavily supported by mods to make the game better/more functional, but the owners don't care, they're still getting their $$$$ and the modders aren't.

And I'll take it into consideration that I probably would be better off going back to 17, damn shame I can't get a refund for this 'sham'.... errr game.

cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Courseplay works 100% fine for me, but then I have taken to time to learn what features in the Beta Version of the mod have been currently re-written with the new script for Farming Simulator 19 and have been implemented. Some people think the mod is 100% complete and working and it's not, a lot of the different tool modes are still being re-coded due to the changes in the game from 17 to 19. The most common one of these is Mode 2, where you have Trailers Unload Harvesters and then take the crop and store it in a silo. This although probably the most regularly used modes, is still only implemented in the mod with the old FS17 code, as the Developers state this is the most complicated mode to program and code in the mod so will be most likely the last one to get implemented. However this doesn't stop people from trying to setup courses using this and then take to the internet with the pitchforks and torches to complain when it doesn't work right, when trucks collide with the harvester or drive across its path etc.

If you use the mod correctly, with the modes that have been updated so far for FS19, you don't get too many issues. However if you want to go back and play Farming Simulator 17, and waste the money you spent buying Farming Simulator 19, because you can't play it without a mod, or don't have the patience to wait whilst the developers continue to re-write and program it from the ground up, then go right ahead, no is stopping you and it's only you that's losing out by playing a two year old game instead of the latest version.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

My thoughts exactly 👍
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

In my opinion this game would have a very short shelf life if it wasn't for the excellent work done by the creators of all the mods as its totally unrealistic in it's base game format and seeing as we've lived on a farm since 2007 i think i know whats realistic or not. when fs17 was released it stayed in the box for a good year to give Giants time to sort out any issues which it may have and time for a lot of good mods to filter through which i think was a wise thing to do. Due to all the hype 19 had i decided to give it a go from the off which at present was a mistake on my behalf although many of the issues other people have had i haven't encountered except for the odd one or two. However, for some reason it has become boring to me compared to 17 so its been put back in the box until next Christmas then will be given another go and in the meantime it's 17, mudrunner and ETS2 for me.
Dezza69

Post by Dezza69 »

Agree with everything cwattyeso wrote, well said.

Wonder if any of the pitch fork wielder(s) have developed mods, especially something involving scripting which is as complex as Courseplay. Be nice to see what they've come up with.

As a coder, I find it commendable the Courseplay devs have opened up their intellectual property for non-registered public beta testing, and I have read and understood the disclaimer on their GitHub about it being a work in progress and that crops may get destroyed, etc before downloading and installing their (free) development version, in anticipation of their (probably free) released version being available.

If I have an issue, rather than simply complain on a related although different forum, I've left feedback in the appropriate place (the GitHub issues page) incase they may not be aware of that particular issue and the devs can make changes to their coding if needed. As we use different vehicles, tools and (for example) I'm using an extensively customised personal map with many personally coded "things" and a few added custom crops, it's good for them to know it's working as they expect across such a variety.

On that - I've really had no issues with Courseplay 6 - finding it to be a great addition for managing my virtual farm.
Laughinggravy

Post by Laughinggravy »

Can't comment on Courseplay 6 as i've not even tried it but the version in 17 was excellent so given time i'm sure this version will be the same if it's not already. Ask for developing mods it's way beyond my intelligence level to even go there so simply thank and appreciate all modders for all the hard work they do as this games nothing without them.
Ozzy0736

Post by Ozzy0736 »

I completely agree with cwattyeso
Agricola57

Post by Agricola57 »

1st: I totally agree with cwattyeso.

I am using CP since FS15 and i am convinced it IS a major part of my gaming experience. NO FS for me without CP.
I always had great respect for the developers/progammers to (everytime a new FS came out) start all over again.
Just 1 month before FS19 came out there was an update of CP for FS17. Almost 2 years of great work (!)

I sincerely hoped CP was part of FS19, but sadly it was not. There are rumours going on that it WILL be part of FS21(.....)
So the developers could start all over again. And as i look at the numbers of Issues at GitHub: it is a tough job.

There are several updates of CP6 per week so they are still doing great work again.

Happy harvesting.
ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Intel i9-10850K CPU@ 3.60GHz, ASUS Z490-Gaming, 32GB RAM 2133MHz, Win10/64, Resolution: 3840x2160
KevinBC

Post by KevinBC »

If anyone is having troubles with the Courseplay Mod, the best thing you can do is use the beta version that is continually updated. I have been using this version of CP without trouble, granted most jobs I tend to do myself.

https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay
fhinze

Post by fhinze »

KevinBC wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:33 am If anyone is having troubles with the Courseplay Mod, the best thing you can do is use the beta version that is continually updated. I have been using this version of CP without trouble, granted most jobs I tend to do myself.

https://github.com/Courseplay/courseplay
Beta version? you mean developer version... It's October 2019 and we don't even have a proper beta version of CP yet. I am of the opinion that GIANTS did not quite think things through when they developed their new Giants engine which is giving the CP developers so many headaches. And I have to give it to the CP developers for grinding it out, But... Maybe it's time to scrap CP for FS19 and rather spend that energy to start a new Giants engine that has everything build-in for CP from the get-go! Perhaps even include CP in the base game already!!!

You know what... I would suggest that with the next version, GIANTS takes enough time to develop an awesome, stable, fully functional Farming Simulator. Even if it takes them 4+ years to do so. Take a leave out of Blizzard's book. Example: Star Craft and Star Craft 2. How many years went by before SC2 was finally released, after the original SC? And all that Blizzard said was: "We will take as long as we need to ensure the game is as good as it can be before we release it". And when SC2 eventually came out, it was pretty damn spot on. Needless to say I have spend many, many more hours on SC2 than on FS, especially FS19... I also find FS19 a little boring by now. Not sure what it is, but it's player engagement has been getting worse as the versions come out. Is it to much of the same? with the same old adage from GIANTS: 'faking' certain things and cutting the same old corners? I am getting the impression that they are often rushing and not doing EVERYTHING PROPERLY for once! Like when unloading my crop, it appears to fall through the trailer at the bottom, etc. For how long have little things like this been going on and it is still not rectified. I can think of only one reason for that... The release of an unpolished and therefor unfinished product... or is it just me growing older? I dunno! But I am getting tired at GIANTS for these oversights and I won't be at all surprised if their FS empire begins to dwindle going forward. I mean, one can only wait so long before having to move on. I bought FS15, FS17 and the platinum version of FS17... I even pre-purchased FS19 on STEAM... Rest assured. I WILL NOT BUY THE PLATINUM VERSION OF FS19 or any subsequent version for as long as Course Play is not available for that version! CP enables you to play the game on another level, which is the level I like to play at. Without CP, FS19 is literally a waste of time!
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Ok