Here is how to change and fine tune mods without restarting your game between changes.
- Modify your game.xml (in same directory as your savegames). Change <controls> to "true".
Code: Select all
<development> <controls>true</controls> </development>
- Unzip the mod you are changing or tuning in a folder in your mods folder. FS19 can read mods that are unpacked in folders as well as ZIP-ed mods (single player only). Like this example for the Case Puma mod:
- Start FS19 with launch option -cheats, this will enable additional commands in the console.
gsReloadVehicle for example.
- Now you are able to change files in the mod without restarting the game between your changes. Simply do like this:
- Change your mod (XML or i3D) in the folder you unpacked in your mod folder, and save.
- Open console (the key left of key 1 on your keyboard, above the tab key), press again to get a prompt and type gsReloadVehicle
- Your mod is reloaded, test it out
- If it's a motorized vehicle you can check power and weight with gsVehicleDebugPhysics
- Repeat from step 1 until you are satisfied.