We are happy to announce that we are going to release our internal tool to create store icons also for modders. This tool is still a beta version, so may not work perfectly. If any bug appears, please let me know by a message here in the forum with a detailed description of the bug.
- GIANTS Editor (min. Version 8.1.0)
- Farming-Simulator (min. Version 1.3.0)
- FS Icon Generator (Download, Version 0.1.3)
- Make sure you got an up to date installation of the GIANTS Editor and the game.
- The mod you want to use has to be as unzipped folder in the mods folder.
- Start the FS Icon Generator
- In the upper part of the window you can see the paths to the game, editor and mods folder. These should be automatically detected. If not and the fields are marked red, you can use the folder icon beside the fields and select your path to the missing folder.
- In the middle part of the window all found mods will be listed. Just select the mod you want to use.
- In case the mod got multiple configuration options, now a window appear where you can select if you want to generate a custom configuration.
- If you pressed "yes" than you can now select the configuration you wish to generate. After that, press "Ok".
- If you want to generate multiple icons, just select as many mods as you wish.
- After you are done with the selection press the "Generate" button.
- Now the GIANTS Editor opens, generates the icon(s) and closes again.
- Now the new icon should be in the folder of the mods. If the shadow of the icon is not correctly displayed on the icons you can activate the "Automatic Height" setting or set the XML attribute "shopTranslationOffset", so the vehicle is placed at the correct height.
- Mode: Selection between Store Icons and 360 Degrees Icons
- Render Resolution: In this resolution the icon will be rendered.
- Final Resolution: This is the final resolution for the icon
- Output Format: Selection between PNG and JPG. (Only for 360 Degrees Icons)
- Output Quality: Quality for the JPG icons.
- Background Color: Background color for JPG icons.
- Debug Load: After the generation the GIANTS Editor will not be closed. So you can see how the mods is placed for the generation and may adjust the xml or i3d file.
- Filename: Filename for icons.
- Custom Save Directory: If it is activated the icon will be saved there.
- Camera Y Rotation: Y rotation for the camera
- Camera X Rotation: X rotation for the camera
- Automatic Height: The vehicle will be automatically placed so the lowest point of the vehicle is at the 0 height. Can be activated if the shadow of the vehicle is not correctly placed.
- Advanced Bounding Box: To place the vehicle on the icon all shapes will be included, otherwise just all collisions are used for the calculation. Can be used if the vehicle is cut off the icon.
- Log File: Please send the content if you report a bug.
- Reset Settings: Resets all settings.
If you have any questions or feedback, just post it here. If you have found a bug, you can directly send me a message including the log file.