Giants please read...Tree Planter Max tree limit removal

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
mcatalyst

Giants please read...Tree Planter Max tree limit removal

Post by mcatalyst »

Can we either have the max tree limit removed from the tree planter or change it to detect it's own trees instead of all the trees on the map?

FS19 can handle 42k trees (see Rogue River and Willamina Forest) on consoles with ease and the planter seems to be maxed around 15,000 (guessing) for the whole map.

I can understand that limit for FS15 and a little bit on FS17 but now that FS19 is more optimized for trees it seems like that limit is too restricted.

The reason for this request (really even back to FS15) is because on forestry maps the planter becomes absolutely useless. After players clear a small area on these maps they are unable to re-plant trees in that section. The planter is seeing all the other trees on the map. Yet the map runs fine with the original amount of trees.

At the very least please provide what the max limit is of the planter so players will know.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
Barbedwirelogging

Re: Giants please read...Tree Planter Max tree limit removal

Post by Barbedwirelogging »

Agreed , i even wonder if the game truly recognizes if any of the trees on a map has been removed,i spent countless hours on console logging grizzly mountain where i literally cut down thousands of trees but yet
never got to the point where the game would allow me to place wood supports, plant trees, or place trees from the modded tree pack the ability to replant or place an object like wood log supports is impossible in a logging map on consoles, and seeing as console deals with numerous limitations it would atleast be nice to know the max number of trees that the tree planter will plant
NLA_Gaming

Post by NLA_Gaming »

I agree. The max number of trees needs to be increased. If a map has 30k trees and the limit is 15k, then in the long run, you end up with a map that only has half the number of trees. The clip distances on the trees can be adjusted so that the map can handle more trees. Time for change!
willianmelek

Post by willianmelek »

Guys. I am trying to balance the economy of my forest map that after deforestation can turn into plantable areas.
Anyone have any idea how to change the prices of logs?
I'm crazy. A small area of money enough to buy everything from the game.
If there is such a limit of tree planting. It ended with the reforestation that would give a nice air on my map throughout the gameplay.