Place Anywhere + Global Company

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
RichHFarmer

Place Anywhere + Global Company

Post by RichHFarmer »

I installed Place Anywhere after finally having enough of the building restrictions but message when I start my game about a conflict with Global Company. I search the forum and the only reference I found was another post where someone said if you wanna run both you need to remove the Global Company mods Extended Placeable that is bundled with it, however I see no such file in my folder. How can I get these mods to work together if possible?

The only two Global Company folders I see are FS19_GlobalCompany and FS19_GlobalCompanyPlaceable_FermentingSilo
juf.de

Re: Place Anywhere + Global Company

Post by juf.de »

Global Company (GC) has a placeAnywhere feature build into the main mod, so you should remove the standalone PlaceAnywhere mod and just use the one from GC to prevent mod conflicts, the message to remove the other mod doesn't show up without reason.
When you start a savegame with enabled GC mod, open its menu with [LCtrl] + [G], navigate to options and enable the placeanywhere feature.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
RichHFarmer

Post by RichHFarmer »

juf.de wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:24 pm Global Company (GC) has a placeAnywhere feature build into the main mod, so you should remove the standalone PlaceAnywhere mod and just use the one from GC to prevent mod conflicts, the message to remove the other mod doesn't show up without reason.
When you start a savegame with enabled GC mod, open its menu with [LCtrl] + [G], navigate to options and enable the placeanywhere feature.
Oh wow thanks.
CombineBert

Post by CombineBert »

Or you can inhibit the place anywhere portion of Global Company.

Have a look at this post viewtopic.php?f=963&t=149723&start=105#p1168320 in this thread for a little context viewtopic.php?f=963&t=149723
Platform: WIN 10 | Game Version: PC Steam
Devices: Logitech G29 Wheel, pedals & shifter | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick | Stream Deck

Current FS19 Maps:
Ravensburg - 9 Day Seasons
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Never Never Never, listen to anyone who says remove Place Anywhere from your mod folder and use Global Company's shoe horned in Extended Placeable Mod. Place Anywhere is much superior to Extended Placeable, has some extra features that Extended Placeable does not have. It came out months ago and has been used by many Farm Sim 19 players since that time without issue. The reason Global Company's Framework Mod gives you that Message and tries to Scare you into removing Place Anywhere, is because they seem to think they have ownership of the script used, as apparently they made a similar script in Farm Sim 17 on a map they made. However Napalm the author of Place Anywhere, took an FS17 script, reworked it and updated it to work in FS19 and then added some extra features and functionality to make it work better with the FS19 terrain and placeable system. So as far as most people are concerned he made the FS19 version of the script. Global Company just seem to be full of sour grapes that someone took an idea they had for FS17, and made it for FS19 and improved on it as well, before they got the chance.

I personally am not a fan of the Global Company Mod and that it includes so many additional scripts that have nothing to do with Production Buildings or Factories, located inside the zip file, in the additional folder. I removed all of them from my zip file, as don't want to use their Placeable Mod, Horse Helper Mod, Object Info Mod, More Trees Mod or Bale Cutting Mod. I have similar stand alone versions of some of those mods I've used for a while that I trust a lot more. I think Global Company should just stick to the Production and Factory stuff.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Or....use whatever mods you want.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

No need to remove it. The Global one works perfectly well. Easier to take out placeanywhere.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Place Anywhere has more functions though, so it's why I and many others prefer it over Extended Placeable. The ability to turn off the ground and terrain deforming when placing objects with Place Anywhere is the No.1 reason to use that over Extended Placeable. The good thing is you can run both Place Anywhere and Global Company just fine. The error message Global Company presents when you load the game can be ignored, they are just trying to scare you into using their own version of the same mod.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Frag

Post by Frag »

Also PlaceAnywhere will let you edit the price of terraforming. Since the terraforming is not that good and smooth in FS19, I like to be able to do it for free. So i dont end up paying ten of thousands of dollar while simply trying to adjust a hill slope back and forth for like 10 minutes.

I would not mind to pay for the final reflected change between the initial terrain and the final one, but paying for the transformation while you edit the terrain ...tweaking errors ... does not make any sense.
Andrew R

Post by Andrew R »

I'd love to find place anywhere that actually works as every version iv dried does nothing
don_apple

Post by don_apple »

Andrew R wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:36 am I'd love to find place anywhere that actually works as every version iv dried does nothing
The official place to get the working Place Anywhere mod is here: https://github.com/napalm00/FS19PlaceAnywhere
Gruß/Regards,
don_apple

Apple iMac 27" (2017), Quad-Core i7 4.2 GHz, 48GB, AMD Radeon R580 8GB
Bitte benutzt das öffentliche Forum für Supportfragen und nicht PN/Please use the public forum for support questions and not PM
FS22 Bugtracker
log.txt Image Server Forenregeln Board rules
bojanh66

Post by bojanh66 »

Does anyone know how to disable warning message when starting a game with both Global Company and PlaceAnywhere ?
Please without stupid answers like "Remove Place Anywhere and use extended placeable from GC"

Ive searched every lua file inside global company mod and i couldnt find anywhere warning message for Place Anywhere.
Maybe i missed it (probably), so im asking for help if we have any experienced modder to take a look at global company.zip file and tell me which line do i need to disable so i dont get annoying warning message.
Tnx.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

+1 for that request too bojanh66. I will always use Place Anywhere, but now there are some Mods I want to use that require Global Company, I want to disable that stupid warning message each time I load a game save.

TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Why don`t you simply remove the place anywhere mod after you placed your objects?

I personally don`t have any issue with the integrated mod of GC, but if somebody wants to use the place anywhere instead, I suppose that`s a workable way to avoid a mod conflict.
lloyd85

Post by lloyd85 »

cwattyeso wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:15 pm +1 for that request too bojanh66. I will always use Place Anywhere, but now there are some Mods I want to use that require Global Company, I want to disable that stupid warning message each time I load a game save.
I might be a bit late to the party, but if you want to get rid of the warning you can extract the global company zip file and modify the file "utils/GC_ModManager.lua". Search for this line:

Code: Select all

self.invalidMods["PlaceAnywhere"] = true
You can comment this line by adding 2 dashes in front of the line. Save the file, create a new zip file from the top directory and replace the global company zip in the mod folder with your version. The only downside is you have to do this every time you update the base global company mod.