¿How can I make a silo accept bales directly?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
lucasb21

¿How can I make a silo accept bales directly?

Post by lucasb21 »

Hi, I just want to modify the in game silos to accept bales of grass, straw and hay. However, I want it to take bales and to take from the wagons.

So my question is, what I need to add to the fill types or what I need to do in order to achieve this.

And do I need to put something in order to see the discharge particles?
cwattyeso

Re: ¿How can I make a silo accept bales directly?

Post by cwattyeso »

If you want to tip bales into a silo, you'd need to edit the i3d file of the silo and add a bale unload node/trigger to it, as nearly all grain crop silos don't have bale triggers. You would then need to go onto the xml file and setup the bale unload trigger with the filltypes for what kind of bales you're looking to tip into. As far as then getting the filltypes out again whether that be grass, hay, silage or straw, you'd need to add those filltypes to the unload node/trigger of the silo xml. You'd also need to make sure the silos Filltypes and Storage have the bale materials added so again it can accept and store grass, hay, silage or straw.

Honestly it'd be much easier for you not to make bales, and just collect the grass, hay, silage and straw as loose, for storing and retrieving from a silo or similar building.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
lucasb21

Post by lucasb21 »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:44 pm If you want to tip bales into a silo, you'd need to edit the i3d file of the silo and add a bale unload node/trigger to it, as nearly all grain crop silos don't have bale triggers. You would then need to go onto the xml file and setup the bale unload trigger with the filltypes for what kind of bales you're looking to tip into. As far as then getting the filltypes out again whether that be grass, hay, silage or straw, you'd need to add those filltypes to the unload node/trigger of the silo xml. You'd also need to make sure the silos Filltypes and Storage have the bale materials added so again it can accept and store grass, hay, silage or straw.

Honestly it'd be much easier for you not to make bales, and just collect the grass, hay, silage and straw as loose, for storing and retrieving from a silo or similar building.
Thanks. I will try anyway, just for the sake of learning. But you are totally right, It would be much better to just add the filltypes for the loose materials.
Goose66

Post by Goose66 »

There are a few bale placeables out now that allow storage of all types of bale.
Playing on PC....Hollandscheveld maizeplus map
Suffolk, England
Discord ...Goose66
lucasb21

Post by lucasb21 »

Goose66 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 pm There are a few bale placeables out now that allow storage of all types of bale.
I know, jejeje. The idea was mainly to start doing some moding stuff.
Farming Girl

Post by Farming Girl »

lucasb21 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:48 pm
Goose66 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:37 pm There are a few bale placeables out now that allow storage of all types of bale.
If your new to modding, I have learned from experience that it’s best to start simple, I bit off more than I can chew and have two mods mothballed until I work out some stuff, just saying :biggrin2:
Ann-Marie

C&S Modding
lucasb21

Post by lucasb21 »

Farming Girl wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:41 am
lucasb21 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:48 pm
If your new to modding, I have learned from experience that it’s best to start simple, I bit off more than I can chew and have two mods mothballed until I work out some stuff, just saying :biggrin2:
100% agree. I think i'm gona stay just change the little things that I don't like of mod i downloaded. But i think anyways that the only things that i need here es to copy one of the tiggers from the cows that they already take bales.