Season Mod: Foliage and crops

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Frag

Season Mod: Foliage and crops

Post by Frag »

Hi guys,

first post here. First, a quick word to say that I LOVE this game. I did not see it coming, but I am addicted to that thing. This is my first serious crush since minecraft few years ago.

Anyway ... had to say it. I am a developer myself and I like to mod games. There is a bit of ramp up for me here, but I will handle. I was wondering ...

I think that I could not play without the season mod anymore. Actually, I do not see why it is not part of the base game. It add a LOT of dept to the game. I strongly recommend the mod if you did not installed it yet.

Question:

I noticed that during winter, the tree changes of texture to remove the leaves. But I noticed that the random foliage and crops (like grass and oilseed radish) keep their deep green.
What would be needed to have a texture for those as well?
Was it not done because it is a lot of work and it will come at some point? Or it was not done because the FS19 API will not let do it?
What reading could I do to familiarize myself if I am interested in doing it?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks guys. This forum is a bless!!

Frag
Procobator

Re: Season Mod: Foliage and crops

Post by Procobator »

Check out my map the Great Smoky Mountains on the American Eagles Modding Website. I changed most of the foliage for each season on that map.
Frag

Re: Season Mod: Foliage and crops

Post by Frag »

Hey thanks for the quick answer!

Nice map! The colors are marvelous with seasons. GREAT ...GREAT work. This is exactly what I am looking for.

So just to get me started. I saw that you added:

- A "seasons" folder at the root containing the shapes
- A "map\seasonsItems" folder, which contains the new folliage items themselves

I was wondering if adding those two folders to another map (not looking to steal your stuff here, but for my personal use&understanding) it would do the trick. I tried to add those to the Old Stream Farm for testing but was not able to make it start ...it jams on the loading screen. What would be the missing task?

Thanks!