Game and Mod issues

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
crazyfarmer2016

Game and Mod issues

Post by crazyfarmer2016 »

Hello modders,
the last week or so my game in general has been unplayable with mods and I can't figure out why, so I need your help. The issues i'm experiencing are as follows:

1) can't hire workers. when I do they just stutter along really jerky, the money rockets down and i can't fire them. I have to close the map to and reload it again. Only seems to be on modded maps, tested on Ravenport with no mods and worked fine. Modmap used was The old Farm Countryside
2) More of a The old Farm Countryside issue, but the gate to the shop won't open, How do I fix that aside from going in the editor and removing it

Here's the log for the mod map
log.txt
(164.81 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
What I have Done so far

1)started using the mod folder switcher program, creating a new folder for each map, and only adding mods to be used on the map
2)deleted all my game saved and backups
3)currently running maps from a thumb drive

The only thing I haven't done is re-install the game yet.
note: the .log file I posted above is a current save I am trying to start with all mods I want to use and everything, to my knowledge is up to date except Courseplay.

Thanks for any help

Crazyfarmer
Its official!! I'm addicted to mods :biggrin2: Approx 34Gigs and counting :confusednew:
Ritchie

Re: Game and Mod issues

Post by Ritchie »

If you have the Tow bar mod installed that is more than likely the cause of the issues with hired workers.
The gate at the store only opens during business hours I believe.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Your log.txt file is being spammed at the bottom with this (which makes the game unplayable)...
2019-09-29 21:25 Error: Running LUA method 'update'.
2019-09-29 21:25 dataS/scripts/gui/InGameMenuMapFrame.lua(392) : attempt to index field 'mapOverlayGenerator' (a nil value)

I'd guess its either the towBar that Richie mentioned or course play. Try disabling them and see if its playable then check the bottom of your log.txt file after you quit the game to see if its still being spammed.

Please note: I do not use either of those mods so this is just a guess based off your log file.
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
crazyfarmer2016

Post by crazyfarmer2016 »

Thanks For the help guys, It was the Towbar mod that was causing all the grief. It has now been purged lol. Thanks again

Crazyfarmer
Its official!! I'm addicted to mods :biggrin2: Approx 34Gigs and counting :confusednew:
Bhcc

Post by Bhcc »

Issue solved

Whoever converted the BSM Trailer 70000. A BIG Thanks. It also solved problems with the JD S790. The game is getting better as it matures. BTW I saw one this past weekend as it had been harvesting soybeans.