How to make sale triggers on maps more friendly and accepting of Pallets

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
cwattyeso

How to make sale triggers on maps more friendly and accepting of Pallets

Post by cwattyeso »

I'm currently working on a map, and one thing I want to do is make sure my sellpoints on the map, have triggers/tip points that are very friendly for whatever players sell there, with whatever vehicles, trailers etc.

One issue I find on most maps is that trying to sell items in Pallets such as Seed, Fertiliser, Wool, Eggs etc is very iffy, and when driving a trailer with the items on over the sell point, the majority of the time the pallets don't start to empty and sell. If I unload the pallets from the trailer onto the sell point again they don't sell. Usually you have to pick up pallets and wave them in the air over the sell point to find the exact pixel where they start unloading.

I want to fix this and ensure, when players drive to my sell points their pallet items will sell instantly without them needing to mess around.

I've tried playing around with the unloading node in the Editor, changing it's size and height but still in game the Pallets seem very iffy about emptying when on them.

Does anyone have a good fix for sellpoints that makes pallets work 100% reliably at them?
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Re: How to make sale triggers on maps more friendly and accepting of Pallets

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I am not a modder or can look at xml files, but on Dahl ranch my wool pallets, eggs, and everything sold everytime and worked. Maybe you can look at that xml file see how they coded it to get a good idea.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

It's not the XML's the define how the pallets and bales stuff are detected and sell, but the objects in the i3d files. Dahl is a bad example of a map, because it's not using any placeables in it's mod folder. All it's sellpoints and stuff are just linked to the default Ravenport ones in the games installation data folder.

The only thing I notice is that most sellpoints have their unloading trigger setup as a Static object, whereas the Wool/Pallet Trigger on a map is setup as a Kinematic Object. I'm wondering if I make all my sellpoints Kinematic if that's going to make them react to pallets better.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Illinois Farmer

I'm sorry it didn't help. I have no idea how to mod or check that stuff without being on a pc.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

I added this to a local sellStationWoodChips.xml file to sell boards and pallets.

Code: Select all

<sellingStation stationName="$l10n_station_sawmill" appearsOnPDA="false" storageRadius="0" litersForFullPriceDrop="100000" fullPriceRecoverHours="48">
        <unloadTrigger exactFillRootNode="0|0|0|0|0" baleTriggerNode="0|0|0|0|1"/>
        <fillType name="woodChips" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="true" />
        <fillType name="boards"    priceScale="2" supportsGreatDemand="false" disablePriceDrop="true" />
        <fillType name="pallet"    priceScale="3" supportsGreatDemand="false" disablePriceDrop="true" />
    </sellingStation>
Myrithis - Catalyzer Industries
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

mcatalyst wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 am I added this to a local sellStationWoodChips.xml file to sell boards and pallets.

Code: Select all

<sellingStation stationName="$l10n_station_sawmill" appearsOnPDA="false" storageRadius="0" litersForFullPriceDrop="100000" fullPriceRecoverHours="48">
        <unloadTrigger exactFillRootNode="0|0|0|0|0" baleTriggerNode="0|0|0|0|1"/>
        <fillType name="woodChips" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="true" />
        <fillType name="boards"    priceScale="2" supportsGreatDemand="false" disablePriceDrop="true" />
        <fillType name="pallet"    priceScale="3" supportsGreatDemand="false" disablePriceDrop="true" />
    </sellingStation>
I have no issue adding additional items to the sellpoint xml to be able to sell additional items at the sellpoints on the map. In fact I had already done that to ensure every item produce-able on the map is able to be sold somewhere.

The problem I am having is when I have Pallets loaded onto my truck or trailer and take them to a sellpoint they are not selling.

The theory I had the other day about the Kinematic Sellpoints turned out to be wrong, because when I changed them to that, I lost the ability to even tip and unload trailers at the sellpoint, so reverted them all back last night to static trigger nodes. I just can't for the life of me fathom out how to make the sellpoints detect the pallets or the pallets detect the sellpoint when they pass over them and actual sell.

Illinois Farmer

Hmmm. I'm sry you are struggling on this. Wish I could be more helpful. Do you think that's why maps have different sell points of where the grain goes vs pallets? I know egg boxes goes sometimes to the same as grain, but on console usually the others do not.
mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

Maybe check out how the bales sell at the woodchip sell station on Ravenport? Could be something to do with only having an exactFillRootNode (which is only used for dumping) at the sell point where other types such as bales need a second box trigger in the i3d and xml.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

All the sellpoints have both an exactFillRootNode and a BaleNode in the i3d files and their respective XML files. I can tip and unload trailers and also sell bales fine at the sellpoints on the map. They just won't except pallets.

mcatalyst

Post by mcatalyst »

After re-reading your first post I do have that problem with boards from a production sawmill where they have to be up in the air before they will start selling. I figured it was a problem with the boards themselves because they act like a dump trigger where they slowly unload. The pallet containers I have from another building are instant sell so they don't have the same problem. Not sure how to fix that issue. I'm just dealing with it in my game but I do understand the frustration with it. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to fix that issue.