Adding Silage to a sell point

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Ti-Men

Adding Silage to a sell point

Post by Ti-Men »

Hello to all.
I am curently playing on Valley Crest Farm 4x. I love to make and sell silage but i don't like to sell it at the same two points all the time. So i startet to look at the sell points in the rar file and i can only find one or two in the placables folde and there are like 10 sell points on that map. I know that in FS17 you could add fruit types to the sell point in the map xml but it looks like the things have changed. Could you guys point me in the right direction where i can find the xml files of the sell points? I have another question is it posible to locate the xml file by using GE?

I am asking this only for my personal use i will never upload the changed mod back to the internet.

Have a nice day. T
this_is_gav

Re: Adding Silage to a sell point

Post by this_is_gav »

Looking at the map's defaultItems.xml it references a lot of the sell points from the game's installation point (as a lot of maps do to save space).

To add more you'll need to copy the sell points referenced in the defaultItems.xml to the map's folder and change the values in that. Of course you'll have to adjust the defaultItems.xml too so it knows where to look.

Don't adjust the sell points in the Game's installation location folder (likely Program Files or Program Files x86) as it will probably break the ability to join multiplayer games.
Ti-Men

Post by Ti-Men »

Thank you for your reply.

I tried it and i can't get it to work.

So Restaurant sell point comes with the mod and it is one of the sell points that i was able to add silage as one of the things i can sell there (it works).
I checked the defaultItems.xml to see what the path looks like so that i will know what to do.
The path is: filename="$moddir$FS19_Valley_Crest_Farm_4fach/placeables/mapUS/sellingStationGeneric/sellingStationRestaurant.xml"

Then i went to look for other sell points in the game folder. Found a sell point (sellingStationRanch) copy the folder and paste it next/under the Restaurant folder in the mapUS folder.
Then i went and added the silage to that sell point the same way i did it to the Restaurant in fact i copied it from there.
Then i went to the defaultItems.xml and changed the path to that sell point to: filename="$moddir$FS19_Valley_Crest_Farm_4fach/placeables/mapUS/sellingStationRanch/sellingStationRanch.xml"

But i does not work. I checked if i added the silage the right way to the sell point and i did, i checked if wrote the new folder and xml name right which i did. Tried it on another sell point can't get it to work either. Is there anything else that is should do?

If you don't want to bother with me it's fine i know that is really hard to figure out what i am doing wrong with so little info and English is not my first language so it is hard sometimes for me to explain things in more detail.

T
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

when I have a map which I feel is lacking in sell points I just add in a placeable one could be an easier option for you. If you do there is one out there which has a built in price modifier to 1.5 x basegame I changed the prices back in the xml.

https://www.yesmods.com/fs19-mods/place ... ll-fruits/
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I've started a test save and got it working for me. I copied the sellingStationRanch.xml from C:\Program Files (x86)\Farming Simulator 2019\data\placeables\mapUS\sellingStationGeneric to C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019\mods\FS19_Valley_Crest_Farm_4fach\placeables\mapUS\sellingStationGeneric, adding silage to the filltypes list in the copied file.

I then altered the defaultItems.xml to point to the copied XML file as you did.

This enabled the silage on a new game, however for an existing savegame you'll need to edit the items.xml in the relevant savegame folder too, to point to the new location - if not it will continue to load the default sellingStationRanch.xml. Just search for "ranch" in the items.xml and replace the path to the edited ranch file as you did for the defaultItems.xml.

You can continue to do this for other selling stations too. Trains are a bit different (some unload points are storage rather than sellpoints, so I guess you'll need to alter those too before you'll be able to load silage onto trains).
Ti-Men

Post by Ti-Men »

@norfolk farmer tnx for you reply.
I know about that 150% Sell point and that was my B plan :D

@this_is_gav you want to know why it didn't work? I changed everything like you did right but affter doing it i allways put just the placables folder back in to the rar never the defaultitems.xml :D i must have done the same stupid mistake at least 25 times i am such an *$#%§*.

Huge thanks for your help and i am realy sorry for wasting your time.

T
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Ti-Men wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:35 pm@this_is_gav you want to know why it didn't work? I changed everything like you did right but affter doing it i allways put just the placables folder back in to the rar never the defaultitems.xml :D i must have done the same stupid mistake at least 25 times i am such an *$#%§*.
You know you can test on the fly with a mod without re-zipping it? Just make sure you extract it to the mods folder and ensure the folder name doesn't have spaces or anything (normally when you extract it it would put it into a folder with the same name as the filename of the mod).
Ti-Men

Post by Ti-Men »

O nice i did not know that. If i did it that way it would have worked for the first time i tried it.
welshfarmer

Post by welshfarmer »

Will any of these ideas work for adding the potatoes you get from the potatoes seed farm into a sell point