Finding object coordinates shifted under transform group

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
lc1997

Finding object coordinates shifted under transform group

Post by lc1997 »

Hi everyone, I'm trying to place objects that can be positioned as default items from one map to another, I started importing them into the new map in giants editor to place them, but having put them under a transform group to move them now I can't find the way to know the coordinates of the single object. Does anyone know if there is a way or what calculations need to be made?
Thanks
Missyb

Re: Finding object coordinates shifted under transform group

Post by Missyb »

If I thinking you are trying work out coord's for object then it will be under Attributes> Translate X,Y,Z.
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
asyvan

Re: Finding object coordinates shifted under transform group

Post by asyvan »

lc1997 wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:58 am Hi everyone, I'm trying to place objects that can be positioned as default items from one map to another, I started importing them into the new map in giants editor to place them, but having put them under a transform group to move them now I can't find the way to know the coordinates of the single object. Does anyone know if there is a way or what calculations need to be made?
Thanks
The translation (coordinates) for the individual objects are deltas from the translation of the transform group.
So an individual object with translation 0 0 0 is positioned at the same place as the transform group.
//Jens Ejvinsson
Farming History: FS11, FS13, FS15, FS17, FS19 (Steam)
Logitech G29, Logitech/Saitek Sidepanel, Logitech F710 Wireless gamepad
PC Gamer - "The Silent Beast" i7-7700K @ 5Ghz, GTX 1070 @ 2.1GHz

Case IH Puma CVX With Tracks
Väderstad Rapid A600-800S Seed Drill
Tutorial compilation for FS19 - list of all my How To guides