Any option to attach a winch to a skid loader?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Frag

Any option to attach a winch to a skid loader?

Post by Frag »

Hi guys,

I really like to use the skid steer loader while chopping wood since they are short and handle well in the forest. I use those to eat the stump and push logs around.

However I would LOVE to be able to attach a winch on those to pull logs. I need to keep a tractor around with the Tajfun winch to do it (MARVELOUS mod) but I would be SO happy to be able to attach a winch to the skid steer loader.

Anyone of you guys knows if there are options to do this? I am even open to the option to mod a skid steer loader to have a winch. So any hint will be appreciated!

Thanks!
Way2drunk2walk

Re: Any option to attach a winch to a skid loader?

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

What I did is remove the arm and add a 3 point Hitch (for personal use only of course). The majority of the work was in the XML but I did get lucky and find a modded tractor where the 3 point Hitch was a separate model so I didn't have to do any 3d modeling, just Giants editor. I think the tractor I got the rear Hitch from was the old tracked Challenger that's been out for a while. Hope this helps and good luck.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Frag

Post by Frag »

Way2drunk2walk wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:59 pm What I did is remove the arm and add a 3 point Hitch (for personal use only of course). The majority of the work was in the XML but I did get lucky and find a modded tractor where the 3 point Hitch was a separate model so I didn't have to do any 3d modeling, just Giants editor. I think the tractor I got the rear Hitch from was the old tracked Challenger that's been out for a while. Hope this helps and good luck.
Wow must be a marvel to work with this! Quite a good idea you had there.

Wonder if some guys would know some small winch (like they put on pickup trucks) that we could simply attach to the back of the skid loader so you could keep the front arms as well.
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

So apparently I completely misunderstood what you had originally wrote. For some reason I thought you were talking about the MF skidder from Black sheep. :confusednew:

It should be fairly easy to get the logging winch to work on the skid steer. Probably just change the attacher joint to be the same as the skid steer and it should work, although it will probably look a bit strange.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Derplodactyl

Post by Derplodactyl »

There's a mod on the ModHub which contains a converter plate, you can attach it to the skid steer loader and configure it to receive 3 point connections. No idea if that would work, but maybe it's worth a shot?
- James G | Derplodactyl (The Jaggler)
- Giants Ambassador 🇬🇧
- PC & Xbox One

PC Specs:
-AsRock B550M Extreme4 Steel Legend
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
-EVGA RTX 3080Ti XC3 Ultra
-Corsair 32GB DDR4 @3600MHz
-1TB Samsung 970 Evo Pro M.2 + 256gb NVMe Storage
Frag

Post by Frag »

I found the perfect mod for my need ...

I found that little Bobcat T 590 from Chop Chop mod. The release 1.3.2 has a 2.0 inch ball as a hitch and you can use the Warn Winch mod, which will attach to a trailer hitch. Did is the perfect combo ...

That little Bobcat is a marvel. When mounted on high clearance track, it climbs and handle like a spider. I LOVE this thing ...

Bobcat Link ...

https://www.patreon.com/posts/chop-shop-mods-3-29272187

Here is the link for the winch ...

http://www.farmingsimulator19mods.com/w ... v1-0-fs19/

Both teamed together are a hell of a workhorse ...

ps: Not sure if I can link external mods here. Just remove those if I cant ....