GPS mod

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
ghosted

GPS mod

Post by ghosted »

I have the FS19_guidanceSteering_dev mod, I said at the store yes to GPS but when i get into tractor there is no dotted line so I cant set it up. can anyone help. also in options I have control+s for gps menu that also dont show.

I have even changed menu to ctrl+j nothing works dont even see a menu or dotted line
Last edited by ghosted on Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
michaelr

Re: GPS mod

Post by michaelr »

You need to turn it on with alt+c before you can use ctrl+s to open the menu. Why not use the official version from modhub?
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

michaelr wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:54 pm You need to turn it on with alt+c before you can use ctrl+s to open the menu. Why not use the official version from modhub?
Ok I have alt+c on then i press ctrl+s get menu up but now I am stuck what to do is there a video tutorial on this

it seems when I hit alt+c I cant even drive tractor as wont move everything is slow like a memory problem

michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Did you remove the development version and install the official release from modhub? Be sure not to have both installed at the same time as that will most likely cause trouble.

Here’s a basic guide to setting up guidance steering I found on YouTube. Many other videos, but most are about the early beta version.

Hope you get it working. It’s an amazing mod once you get familiar with it :coolnew:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Check whether the GitHub Version is more up to date then the Release on ModHub before removing one version or the other. I personally have never used the ModHub version of Wopster's mods, as generally his GitHub will always have the more up-to-date and bug fixed versions.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

michaelr wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:42 pm Did you remove the development version and install the official release from modhub? Be sure not to have both installed at the same time as that will most likely cause trouble.

Here’s a basic guide to setting up guidance steering I found on YouTube. Many other videos, but most are about the early beta version.

Hope you get it working. It’s an amazing mod once you get familiar with it :coolnew:
Thanks for utube tut. I have it going now. but u can only have 1 vehicle on GPS also it can't be auto.

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:49 pm Check whether the GitHub Version is more up to date then the Release on ModHub before removing one version or the other. I personally have never used the ModHub version of Wopster's mods, as generally his GitHub will always have the more up-to-date and bug fixed versions.
Yes I will check github for versions
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

ghosted wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:14 pm
michaelr wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:42 pm Did you remove the development version and install the official release from modhub? Be sure not to have both installed at the same time as that will most likely cause trouble.

Thanks for utube tut. I have it going now. but u can only have 1 vehicle on GPS also it can't be auto.

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:49 pm Check whether the GitHub Version is more up to date then the Release on ModHub before removing one version or the other. I personally have never used the ModHub version of Wopster's mods, as generally his GitHub will always have the more up-to-date and bug fixed versions.
Yes I will check github for versions. but how can i tell if the versions are newer, as in the moddesc.xml it says <version>1.0.0.0</version> on every copy
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

Yes I will check github for versions. but how can i tell if the versions are newer, as in the moddesc.xml it says <version>1.0.0.0</version> on every copy
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

ghosted wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:31 am Thanks for utube tut. I have it going now. but u can only have 1 vehicle on GPS also it can't be auto.
That’s by design and hence why it’s named guidance steering. It helps you steer, but multiple people can use it on multiplayer.

ghosted wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:31 am Yes I will check github for versions. but how can i tell if the versions are newer, as in the moddesc.xml it says <version>1.0.0.0</version> on every copy
Besides an issue with angled implements resulting in wrong width calculation, only translations seem to have been fixed, so I’d recommend you keep using the official release from modhub.

You can see for yourself what have changed on github :hi:
ghosted

Post by ghosted »

That’s by design and hence why it’s named guidance steering. It helps you steer, but multiple people can use it on multiplayer.
Yes I understand that, but I never play Multiplayer, I just assumed you could say have 1 tractor in 1 field on GPS and say more on other fields, but realise now its only for 1 vehicle at a time. as once you jump out it all stops