snow on a placeable object

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Barbicha

snow on a placeable object

Post by Barbicha »

Hi all,

I want to implement snow on a roof of a placeable object, in the example a shed but that doesn’t matter what it is. Normally the visibility is ticked off but it’s for screen ticked on.
I think I used the correct coding with onCreate and mask but in game it doesn’t appear.
See screen in link https://imgur.com/DaZifg5

Does anyone have an idea.

Thxs Barbicha
Missyb

Re: snow on a placeable object

Post by Missyb »

You may need to try it in game as it will not show up in the editor, try it with seasons active on a default map first then make correction later.
!Warning I am dislayxic I will type how i think, if you don't understand any of it then please say!

Mods by Missyb FS22
Mods by MissyB Modding
Twitch Missyb Modding
GtX

Post by GtX »

Hey Barbicha,

The onCreate function is not designed to be used as part of a placeable mod. This is for use with objects that are directly part of a map.

To use a seasons admirers with a placeable you need to index this in the placeable.xml in the same way you add a 'seasonsMask'.

EXAMPLE:

Code: Select all

<placeable>

<seasons>
        <admirers>
            <snowAdmirer node="1|1|0" minimumLevel="1"/>
        </admirers>
    </seasons>

</placeable>
'node' This is the index path of fake snow you want to show and hide without the 0>
'minimumLevel' This is the snow level required before for snow object will be set visible in game.

If you need mods as a working example you could reference how I have done it on my In Ground Storage, Wool Storage, Hand Plant Saplings or Egg Storage Hut.

I hope that helps with your project.
GtX :this:

YouTube

GitHub

FS17 Mod Link

FS19 Mod Link

FS22 Mod Link

"A good friend is the friend who can make you laugh."
"What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day of your life for it"
Barbicha

Post by Barbicha »

Hey GtX
Thanks a lot for the feedback, very much appreciated.