Map lagging + error addRequiredCropType

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Ntone

Map lagging + error addRequiredCropType

Post by Ntone »

Working on a map, based on the Sample Modmap 4x by Cazz64.

When playing/testing, the game lags like hell. In my logfile i've got like thousands of errorlines "Error: addRequiredCropType foliage must match the size of the ground terrain detail."

All _weight.png files are 4096*4096

Anybody got tips?
Ntone

Re: Map lagging + error addRequiredCropType

Post by Ntone »

Apparently it's the grle files that aren't the right size. I found a forumpost on how to change them (delete them, GE will make new one's...) but that messed things up.
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

On https://gdn.giants-software.com/index.php there is a tool to convert grle files to .png. From there you can scale to the size you need. You will have to register before you can download.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Ntone

Post by Ntone »

I used the converter, and now i have png files. How do I convert/get them back as grle?
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

Pretty sure you can open the map with them in .png format as long as they are in the correct folder. Then when you save, Giants editor will convert them back to .grle automatically.

I would make backups before doing it just in case an issue comes up.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC