Add contracts to fields that do not have them

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
BreadedVirus

Add contracts to fields that do not have them

Post by BreadedVirus »

There are a fair few fields on the map i am playing that do not have any contracts on them.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some info on how to go about adding contracts to these fields? I know it is done in GE, but not too sure on where to go and do it.

Any help appreciated.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from 'General Discussion' to 'Modding', since it is about making changes to a mod map.
the big print giveth the small print taketh
wombles

Re: Add contracts to fields that do not have them

Post by wombles »

Check out Shywizards youtube channel it's rightly down the list, excellent tutorial on how to go about it. Better than I could ever explain.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

wombles wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:52 pm Check out Shywizards youtube channel it's rightly down the list, excellent tutorial on how to go about it. Better than I could ever explain.
I’m thinking it only works on the base game maps?

Tried adding field missions to a few fields on Oakfield and Marwell, but didn’t work properly.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I desperately need to find the time to try and edit Greenwich Valley myself to resolve the issue of their being no contracts on any of the fields and the field definitions not being setup properly. The only problem is that's quite a lengthy task, as well as not being all that easy to do in Giants Editor if you have no previous experience of map editing or alteration/creation. There's not like one button to can press to bring up an easy edit mode or something to do this fix. I watched Shy Wizards video on defining fields and it's going to take hours maybe days to go through a map laying down all those little blue squares to cover every field correctly so they are properly defined. I can see why the author just dropped one square in the middle of each field and then said "Pass, I'm Done, I Quit", because on a map with irregular shaped fields that's going to be even harder to fix then the normal square or rectangle fields.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
El_Nino_NL

Post by El_Nino_NL »

Been doing it in GE for Greenwich Valley, I can really tell you, it's a real pain in the ***. Worked on it for about an hour and had done about 3 or 4 field. Those fields where mostly square. Spend a lot of time on field 6 as it's pretty irregular. I do have to admit, it was my first time in GE and had to find out how it's all working, now I do know how it's working, it should go a lot quicker, except for the irregular field as you need to create a lot more "Corners" to be able to have the whole field done.

Other little thing I did to the map, created collisions on the electric poles in the fields. Hated it everything could just go trough it.
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:35 pm I desperately need to find the time to try and edit Greenwich Valley myself to resolve the issue of their being no contracts on any of the fields and the field definitions not being setup properly. The only problem is that's quite a lengthy task, as well as not being all that easy to do in Giants Editor if you have no previous experience of map editing or alteration/creation. There's not like one button to can press to bring up an easy edit mode or something to do this fix. I watched Shy Wizards video on defining fields and it's going to take hours maybe days to go through a map laying down all those little blue squares to cover every field correctly so they are properly defined. I can see why the author just dropped one square in the middle of each field and then said "Pass, I'm Done, I Quit", because on a map with irregular shaped fields that's going to be even harder to fix then the normal square or rectangle fields.
If you manage to add missions to the fields, could you throw your process my way? That’s if I don’t figure it out myself...
BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

I entered “fieldGrassMission” in with the attributes etc on some grass fields in the map, but didn’t pan out very well.
wombles

Post by wombles »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:17 pm
wombles wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:52 pm Check out Shywizards youtube channel it's rightly down the list, excellent tutorial on how to go about it. Better than I could ever explain.
I’m thinking it only works on the base game maps?

Tried adding field missions to a few fields on Oakfield and Marwell, but didn’t work properly.
No it works with all Oxy's maps, it's second thing I do after clear most of the rubbish of the map :lol: .
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

El_Nino_NL wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:03 pm
Other little thing I did to the map, created collisions on the electric poles in the fields. Hated it everything could just go trough it.
Me too ... I was hoping I could select them all in GE and apply the collision but it didn't seem to work.

I've been play Greenwich with the mod unzipped so that I can pop in and out and make adjustments to suit my playing needs.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
wombles

Post by wombles »

Shywizards channel will give you the basic's.

Then for example Marwell.
Go into fields say field 8 it's the field between the pig and home farm and isn't set up for a mission for that field if I remember correctly.
Then go into field dimensions, then highlight corner one, and control b and click in the corner of the field. That will set it into the corner and open and adjust till you get it sitting right with out going over the edges of the field.
When you have that done, high light coner01_1 and duplicate it and rename corner01_2 and work your way a round the field till you have it covered overlapping all the time.

Oh watch out for island/poles in fields you have too go around them.

Hope that helps.
ekeenan

Post by ekeenan »

In LoneOak, the field dimensions in #28 and #30 needed to be fixed.
OlavEmil

Post by OlavEmil »

Shywizard's channel looks great, and I see myself checking out plenty of his videos in the near future. However, he has a lot of videos, and I can't easily see any of them addressing this issue in particular. I guess it could be a part of some of the videos on fields or mapping in general. Could someone point me in the direction of the actual video where he goes through making missions work for fields?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

BreadedVirus wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:54 pm If you manage to add missions to the fields, could you throw your process my way? That’s if I don’t figure it out myself...
Well I've had a play this evening and managed to get missions added for all the fields on the map:

However because of the bigger underlying problem of all the field definitions being so incorrectly done or flat out non-existent it just further shows problems when you look at the map screen:

Also when you then go back to the contract screen you can see that the poor defined fields with their incorrect field sizes, results in contracts that pay absolutely nothing.

Honestly at this point, I'm more tempted to go to the ModHub Wesbite, and report this map to Giants, and get them to pull it down until the author actually creates the fields properly on it. I don't even know at this point how Giants passed it through testing when the fields haven't been setup, defined and had their sizes done correctly.

So yes it's easy to add missions to all the fields, just needs an attribute box checking on every field in the Editor, but at this point until the fields are fixed the missions just won't work or payout correctly.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

BreadedVirus

Post by BreadedVirus »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:13 pm
BreadedVirus wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:54 pm If you manage to add missions to the fields, could you throw your process my way? That’s if I don’t figure it out myself...
Well I've had a play this evening and managed to get missions added for all the fields on the map:

However because of the bigger underlying problem of all the field definitions being so incorrectly done or flat out non-existent it just further shows problems when you look at the map screen:

Also when you then go back to the contract screen you can see that the poor defined fields with their incorrect field sizes, results in contracts that pay absolutely nothing.

Honestly at this point, I'm more tempted to go to the ModHub Wesbite, and report this map to Giants, and get them to pull it down until the author actually creates the fields properly on it. I don't even know at this point how Giants passed it through testing when the fields haven't been setup, defined and had their sizes done correctly.

So yes it's easy to add missions to all the fields, just needs an attribute box checking on every field in the Editor, but at this point until the fields are fixed the missions just won't work or payout correctly.
That is the same issue i have run into on Oakfiled, Marwell and Greenwich too when trying to add field contracts.. I have a feeling it is to do with the shape of the field.... :hmm:

Do not get me wrong, there is nothing i find wrong with the maps, just the fact that so many great fields on those maps do not have contracts.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

This is the Greenwich Map I'm trying to fix BreadedVirus. Field Shape Definitions and Sizing if not done correctly in the map and the editor it just breaks the contract system completely. With the field sizes and shapes not setup correctly the contracts will never pay out the correct price, and for that reason it's easy to see why the Author turned the contracts off on all the fields. I understand from my own attempts to fix this that setting the field definitions and sizes on maps with irregular shaped fields is a long and time consuming method, that I can now see why so many maps tend to just go for the Square and Rectangle fields, because when setting their definitions and sizes, they just have to select 3 of the 4 corners of the field and the editor and the game can work out the rest.

Would be nice in future games of the series and in future versions of the editor, it could work out the field definitions and sizes from just what is painted on the map by the author, instead of the author then needing to go in and add all the little blue squares, and pick corner points and duplicate corner points and all that lengthy and time consuming stuff. In the editor if you paint a field on a certain channel layer, using a certain or specific field texture, surely it could then have a script or something that could then calculate the field definitions and size and automatically populate that information for the player?

Edit: I also just remember that Greenwich Valley was awarded 2nd Place in the 2019 Mod Contest for Best Map by Giants. Nice to know the Map Author got a nVidia Geforce RTX 2070 graphics card and a DJI Osmo Pocket Camera as a reward for releasing an unfinished and broken map. No wonder he's gone awol and hasn't responded to the ModHub Bug report I opened back in November about this very issue.