increase Telehandler pulling power

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
heino79

increase Telehandler pulling power

Post by heino79 »

Hello

im no modder but i wander is there is a way to increase a telehandler mod, it can hardly pull a bale trail with 16 bales on it if it goes a little up hill.. i have tried to up the horsepower but that did not seams to do anything..

i will love some help here...
bojanh66

Re: increase Telehandler pulling power

Post by bojanh66 »

Telehandlers are mostly around 120-140hp and weight 7 tones judging from xml files.
Try to buy some small tractor with same HP, lets say some Claas Arion 400 series or 600 with 120-140hp and try to pull trailer.
If it struggles same way as telehandler, then you will need stronger / more heavier vehicle for better traction (or to edit xml file for that telehandler and make it weight 8-10-12 tones with 200-250-300 HP )

edit

OK after few tests with MF telehandler 120hp and claas arion 460 140hp, it seems tractor pulls trailer with 20 square bales better than telehandler, because of better weight distribution.
telehandler's front wheels are up in the air few centimeres, so its missing a lot of traction, while tractor's all 4 wheels are on the ground, so it pulls a bit better.
it seems telehandler is not made for pulling heavy things, unless you attach something on the front, maybe 2-3 bales, to make the weight between front and rear more balanced.