How do I add engine options to a mod?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
TSGaming_swe

How do I add engine options to a mod?

Post by TSGaming_swe »

So I simply want to make engine options for a Valmet I have, and I am sorta a newbie at modding, but if someone could give some sort of step-by-step or a tutorial I'd be really glad! :biggrin2:
dakotatech

Re: How do I add engine options to a mod?

Post by dakotatech »

Best thing you can do is while you are at the shop find a vehicle that has engine options and then go to the game file data/vehicles/brand/model and look at the xml for how it is done. The torqueScale is the most important value, so find a model that has the HP rating you want and use the value from that one in your xml. Happy modding.
kinggorillakong

Post by kinggorillakong »

This video was invaluable for me (not just because it goes into what goes into the mod xml for adding the options, but because it also has a link in the video description for a spreadsheet to use to ensure functioning values to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbGsChHjOFU
LS09God

Post by LS09God »

Small tip for converting torquescale values to HP's:
Example1: Given torquescale is 0.4345. If you want to know roughly how many HP that is, you do this little calculation: 0.4345 / 0.0044 = 98.75 HP.
Example2: If you have an HP amount (let's say 98.75 HP) but don't know how much torquescale that is, you do the opposite: 98.75 * 0.0044 = 0.4345 Torque.

I used it since FS11 and it always seems to be real close to the real deal. Not perfect, but close....
Specs:
ASUS ROG Strix X570-E mobo.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 processor.
Corsair 32Gb DDR4 internal mem.
Sandisk 1Tb SSD as boot and game drive.
Samsung 1Tb hdd for general storage.
Gigabyte RTX2070 super graphics card.
Razer Naga Chroma mouse.
Logitech G27, G13. Saiteck HOTAS pro.
Razer BlackWidow Keyboard.
Fiber connection.