Uploading mods to Mod Hub question

kinggorillakong

Uploading mods to Mod Hub question

Post by kinggorillakong » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:53 pm

Having issues with trying to upload a mod to the modhub. I know, I know, use the messenger to get support on issues with uploading, but I'm wondering what advice the community can give me while I await for Giants to respond to my message.

The story:
I've uploaded a Seasons Geo mod, had it denied because I needed to fix the mod desc and mod icon.
Okay, I fixed that. Go to upload, it won't let me upload the updated zip because the filename is already in use. So to upload the new changes for my mod I had to add "_update" to the filename.
Mod gets put into testing, passes both PC and console testing and it was set to go live. Then a little bit ago, I get the notice saying it's been denied and I need to correct the filename of the mod as it can't have "_upload" since it's the first time going on modhub... But again, I couldn't upload the zip with the original filename since the filename was in use.

What's the best way to go about reuploading a mod when it gets denied and put to review status so you don't have filename issues?

Way2drunk2walk

Re: Uploading mods to Mod Hub question

Post by Way2drunk2walk » Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:25 pm

Go to the original mod and you should be able to replace the zip file with the new one. If that option is not available you need to contact Giants so they can change the state of the mod to allow you to upload the new file.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC

kinggorillakong

Post by kinggorillakong » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:48 am

Yea, that's how I get the filename error trying to upload and replace the old one with the fixes that Giants says need to be fixed before publishing.

Decker_MMIV

Post by Decker_MMIV » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:30 pm

kinggorillakong wrote:
Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:53 pm
[..] as it can't have "_upload" since it's the first time going on modhub... But again, I couldn't upload the zip with the original filename since the filename was in use.
You might want to re-read the ModHub Guidelines PDF-document, that is found in the 'Help' section, when you are logged into the ModHub.

In 'Guideline Item 6.3' it states, that a mod that is to be updated - which I would say is the case here - must have '_update' in the filename. Not '_upload'.

Its a little bit quirky to use the ModHub system, and I think, when it was designed years back, they initially didn't consider that modders would like to actually update their mods and re-upload them. - So their "easy fix / work-around" was to have use modders add '_update' to our mod's filename, so it didn't clash with the existing uploaded mod-file. And that way the ModHub-testers could more easily see, that the mod they were about to test, is an '_update'.

kinggorillakong

Post by kinggorillakong » Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:49 pm

My bad, I meant _update in my post here in the thread. I used _update in the filename when I uploaded it.