Assigning Missions to Fields

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
SJ_Sathanas

Assigning Missions to Fields

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

Are there any tutorials for making missions available on mod map where the author didn't do so?
I'm trying to figure it out but i find GE extremely counter intuitive and what I'm seeing in GE doesn't match what Giant's Tutorials lead me to expect to see. I don't think any of the fields have been properly defined yet about a quarter have functioning missions?
kinggorillakong

Re: Assigning Missions to Fields

Post by kinggorillakong »

Look through other custom mod maps, explore XML files and data files included in them. Eventually you'll find what you're looking for regarding that stuff in the mod that is missing so you can put it in yourself.

Unless it's trying to fix the bales on Medicine Creek (they're too large, XYZ size, not volume, to be used properly with round bale equipment), because of how the mod was put together for that aspect.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

I think it's all defined in GE but, from what I can tell, FS19 changed an awful lot with it's use of XMLs but I haven't found any documentation regarding this.
kinggorillakong

Post by kinggorillakong »

I haven't fully browsed through mod maps yet to see how they're fully put together. There's A LOT of things you can easily change with using the XML settings for a mod map too that can change how the rest of the game works. Just keep browsing and keep reading. These map mod files are pretty large and detailed.
SJ_Sathanas

Post by SJ_Sathanas »

This is what I was looking for
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Shywizard is always a good starting point when it comes to tutorials. I'm no mapper but how I understand things is that unless fields are simple shapes it becomes hard to setup the field definitions.