Mod copyrights

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
humbe

Mod copyrights

Post by humbe »

Hi.. Ive got too many mods and would like to define sets of mods I use together. Cant seem to find anything that does it but it looks fairly easy to combine mods to make larger packs into a single mod. Can I make such packs available for others without specific permits from all mods I take something from?

What are rules for reuse or modifications of other mods? Is there some specific info in mods for whether content can be reused?
Ritchie

Re: Mod copyrights

Post by Ritchie »

You can't take someone else's mod or part of their mod and release it as your own. Do what you like if it's for personal use only, but if you want to use all or part of someone else's mod and release it in to the wild then ask permission first.
humbe

Post by humbe »

I was afraid of that.. That would be a lot of work when packing a lot of stuff, even if one had contact details, but I've yet to see a mod with contact details in it. I guess I'll just do something for myself.. Possibly rather releasing a script to join bits of mods into one if it gets generic enough
eric21

Post by eric21 »

Most modders can be contacted through facebook or even here or someone will pass on a message