Adding new crops (alfalfa, carrots etc.)

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Bogy12

Adding new crops (alfalfa, carrots etc.)

Post by Bogy12 »

Hi everyone. Just a quick question. Does anyone know any good and new tutorial for adding new crops to Farming Sim 19 ? I found one video on YouTube from user "ShyWizard". Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Aqna-tFefw

But the thing is, that video is more than a year old. Also, it was made before seasons came out. And files in the video description are no longer available. There is a mod called "Maize Plus - Forage Extension" on official modhub. It changes the way your animals are fed. For example, horses now need carrot in their diet. You can buy those things in ingame shop. But if your map is not prepared, you will never be able to grow them. I want to fix that for few of my maps because I know they probably will never get updated for those crops.

Soo... are there any good tutorials for adding new crops ? :wink:

Thank you.
Miketeg

Re: Adding new crops (alfalfa, carrots etc.)

Post by Miketeg »

I came here exactly to ask this question...hopefully someone will have a good link to follow.

I did try to reach out SHyWizard more than a week ago with no luck.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

Miketeg wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:08 pm I came here exactly to ask this question...hopefully someone will have a good link to follow.

I did try to reach out SHyWizard more than a week ago with no luck.
I would be awesome if someone made a video for adding new crops to maps and adjusting them for seasons along with providing all of the need files (textures, .i3Ds and so on). I already made a video tutorial on increasing the number of dumpale piles from 31 to 63, but adding new crops is just a bit too complex for me.
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

came looking for the same, trying to update a map to forage extension.

Thanks Bogy12 for the vid tutorial on the height types, worked a treat *thumbsup*
PC & Xbox One
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

girlie100 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:34 am came looking for the same, trying to update a map to forage extension.

Thanks Bogy12 for the vid tutorial on the height types, worked a treat *thumbsup*
Awesome. Im glad i could help. I think (keyword: THINK) that I somehow managed to add all of the needed files for new crops on one of the maps im playing for forage extensions (carrots, onions, alfalfa etc.). Im currently testing it with seasons but i wont have time to make any tutorial for a few days now (IF I DID IT CORRECTLY).
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

Bogy12 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 1:56 pm
girlie100 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:34 am came looking for the same, trying to update a map to forage extension.

Awesome. Im glad i could help. I think (keyword: THINK) that I somehow managed to add all of the needed files for new crops on one of the maps im playing for forage extensions (carrots, onions, alfalfa etc.). Im currently testing it with seasons but i wont have time to make any tutorial for a few days now (IF I DID IT CORRECTLY).
OMG! I'll keep an eye out on your youtube for the tutorial (fingers crossed your test is successful) as I really want to add it onto Fenton Forest *thumbsup*
PC & Xbox One
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

If You also could figure out how to make default farm silo to accept new crops, that would be great.
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

I really cant promise anything guys since im a student. Im not mod or map maker of any sort. I used already prepared map and transfered files and tried to edit xml files on my own. I managed to get some result. I started the test today but didnt have time to finish it. No errors in log file and im using seasons for testing. So far, so good.. but we will see.. its amateur work, so keep that in mind 😊
Eische

Post by Eische »

strauts6 wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:11 pm If You also could figure out how to make default farm silo to accept new crops, that would be great.
Thats quite easy:
Default farm silos are using filltype category to determine which fruits can be stored. Those categories are defined in the fillTypes.xml of the map.
As most maps might refer to the default file in the games data folder, first thing you need to do is to copy that file into your maps folder and change the path accordingly in your maps.xml file.

After doing this, open the fillTypes.xml and go to end of the file where you find the fillTypeCategory section.
Search for the line:

Code: Select all

<fillTypeCategory name="FARMSILO" >WHEAT BARLEY OAT CANOLA SUNFLOWER SOYBEAN MAIZE POTATO SUGARBEET SUGARCANE</fillTypeCategory>
Just add all the additional crops you want to this line.
That is all you have to do.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
strauts6

Post by strauts6 »

Then i wouldn't ask, if it was that easy as i already did that.
And here's a line from large farm silo

<storages>
        <storage node="0|2" fillTypes="wheat barley canola maize oat sunflower soybean" capacityPerFillType="200000" />
    </storages>
and why it doesn't work.
Eische

Post by Eische »

Because this farm silo does not use filltype category. Instead, accepted filltypes are defined directly.

You need to add your additional crops in that line:

<storages>
        <storage node="0|2" fillTypes="wheat barley canola maize oat sunflower soybean newcrop1 newcrop2 newcrop3" capacityPerFillType="200000" />
    </storages>
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

Hi everyone. I finally managed to find some time to make a video about adding new crops on a map (crops from MaizePlus Forage Extension mod). Please note that this is completely amateur work and that there might be some problems and mistakes in my video. If there are any, write them down in the comment section of the video. All of this takes time and I tried to explain every step as best as I could but, as I already said, its amateur work since im not a map/mod maker. Im just trying to help everyone.

Link to the video: https://youtu.be/w7xdae570nI
girlie100

Post by girlie100 »

Bogy12 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 8:33 am Hi everyone. I finally managed to find some time to make a video about adding new crops on a map (crops from MaizePlus Forage Extension mod). Please note that this is completely amateur work and that there might be some problems and mistakes in my video. If there are any, write them down in the comment section of the video. All of this takes time and I tried to explain every step as best as I could but, as I already said, its amateur work since im not a map/mod maker. Im just trying to help everyone.

Link to the video: https://youtu.be/w7xdae570nI
Thanks for the video, I haven't managed to get it working for Fenton Forest 4X unfortunately :sadnew:

The map already has custom filltypes so it involved editing the existing xml rather than just copying and I must have messed something up as I had all crops in Giants Editor but when I loaded in game I only had carrots and I had lost the compost from the map?? :hmm:
PC & Xbox One
Bogy12

Post by Bogy12 »

Once you add new crops, you need to test everything on the new savegame. But yeah, this tutorial is for maps which dont already have any custom crops. If they do, then things get quite complicated. I will try to add new crops that way, and if i figure out how to do it properly, im going to make another video one day 😊
Kc-Trouble

Post by Kc-Trouble »

I came here for same question but for fs22 I had no troubles with fs19 but 22 will not allow me to attach correct cutting bar on ropa multi fruit , or the t4-40 multi fruit harvesters except the beet/potato headers or find planters for carrots,onions, letice, cabbage, planter for any of the before and alpha hay, any one that knows farming know dairy and cattle, horses do better on different hays/grass