Modding-How hard is it really?

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Gingerjay

Modding-How hard is it really?

Post by Gingerjay »

Ps4 player here. So,

Theres a few things ive wanting to add to my farm/fleet that isn't available on the modhub yet that ive seen (for console anyway).

But hear me out before you grab those pitchforks! This isn't another begging post. Im thinking about having a go at them myself. Just want to know how hard it will actually be for someone who’s never used GE or similar programs, never coded or hasn’t touched a computer for at least 3 years. (Talk about thrown in at the deep end)

One of my plans was actually added to the modhub for pc only, the stationary baler. Is it possible to create this using scripts available to console?

Any advice would be amazing.
Thanks guys and girls
j_maybury

Re: Modding-How hard is it really?

Post by j_maybury »

The conveyor belt part of it could be doable, but I have not seen anything in Giant scripts that can lift a bale whilst sliding another bale underneath, but then again I'm no expert on the matter it is only what I have observed.

Edit; There was a bale lifter with one of the DLC's that lifted four bales at a time, but I don't know if console players got that, or if a DLC script can be used.
Gingerjay

Post by Gingerjay »

You know, i never thought of stacking them, was just thinking of a conveyor. But thats got me thinking there’s in game bale stackers so the scripts should be there somewhere right?
Way2drunk2walk

Post by Way2drunk2walk »

My suggestion would be to start off small. Perhaps changing vehicle speed and hp. Then changing wheels or adding parts from other vehicles or mods, for personal use of course. That way when you decide to create your own 3d model you already have some knowledge of ge and the xml's so you are not consumed with learning everything at once.
Just my 2cents.
"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may." Samuel Houston
Farming on PC
Gingerjay

Post by Gingerjay »

Thank you for your suggestions. Thanks for your mods btw, been using the TTHD a lot recently 👍🏻
livesea72

Post by livesea72 »

Im getting my first new computer in almost 10 years sometime next month.Once i figure it out i will look at modding speeds/capacities on a few mods then try my hand at modding as i have a few ideas for implements that could be useful on all platforms but i dont expect to have anything tangible for at least a month or two.
FS13 xbox360/ FS15 ps4/xbox one/ FS17 xbox one/ps4pro platinum trophy /FS19 ps4pro platinum trophy/ FS 22 PC
Gingerjay

Post by Gingerjay »

Looks like we are in the same boat. Had an idea for something small i dont think will be too complex. Will see how that goes, might be the end of my modding plans already 😂