sell and trigger help!!

Need help with a mod you make? Want to discuss something with other Modders? This is the right place for it.
tomod

sell and trigger help!!

Post by tomod » Mon May 18, 2020 3:47 am

Ok so building a map. Many thanks for the help with my last question. However I can not get any sell points or triggers to do anything. even followed 4 different you tube tutorials and some forum instructions I found. Help!!! here is all the info i got. pics show mod desc. default items. sample of one of the mod desc for a specific model along with log from the game when loading the map. I am putting them into the world in editor copying locations and changing file paths to line up with where things actually are. Nothing works not even shop or gas stations. So I assume its something in how im writing the files? thanks
Attachments
log.txt
(64.37 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
grainSiloCentral.xml
(2.61 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
defaultItems.xml
(4.08 KiB) Downloaded 6 times

strauts6

Re: sell and trigger help!!

Post by strauts6 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:53 am

Check if folders are properly named, check uppercases.
Also this position

Code: Select all

position="*-148.526 57.525 -783.852"
in default items.
Also this

Error: Failed to open shapes file 'grainSiloPort.i3d.shapes'.
Warning: Shape exactFillRootNode with id 1 not found. Replace with empty transform group.
Warning: Shape baleTrigger with id 2 not found. Replace with empty transform group.
Warning: Shape exactFillRootNode with id 3 not found. Replace with empty transform group.
Warning: Shape baleTrigger with id 4 not found. Replace with empty transform group.
Warning: Shape trainUnloadingPit with id 5 not found. Replace with empty transform group.
Warning: Shape trainUnloadingPitGrain with id 6 not found. Replace with empty transform group.
means that you exprted - imported .i3d without all needed files, so the triggers wont work.
Also update farmlands.xml file.

tomod

Post by tomod » Sat May 23, 2020 5:54 am

What other files are needed? I have not seen anything about updating the farmlands file what needs done there? sorry noob question. Thanks for the help and sorry for the delayed reply.

strauts6

Post by strauts6 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:18 pm

With i3d file you also need .i3d.shapes file.
When exporting something from other map select transform group you want and choose export selection with files, choose folder where to export, click yes for both prompts.

tomod

Post by tomod » Sun May 24, 2020 1:30 am

Ok for now im just using pre existing mods to make it function. so put the full ordeal for the mod in the folder that the default items links to? so if the shapes file is next to the actual i3d file the system will find that too? also what does the shapes file do?

strauts6

Post by strauts6 » Sun May 24, 2020 8:01 am

If you use this

$data/placeables/mapDE/sellingStationGeneric/sellingStationGeneric.i3d
then you dont even have to copy or import anything to your map.
Shapes file obviously holds information of the shape of an object.

tomod

Post by tomod » Sun May 24, 2020 4:19 pm

Ok so that goes into the farmlands file? i checked the file for ravenport and saw nothing like that? That looks like whats needed in the default items file. Do I have that in the wrong place?

strauts6

Post by strauts6 » Sun May 24, 2020 7:14 pm

That line goes in grainSilo.txt.
Your has this

<filename>mods/buildings/grainSiloCentral.i3d</filename>
But because you onlu copied the i3d file. its missing files and doesnt work. Unless you want to use custom silos with custom textures and stuff, you want file location to start with $data$, which is where the game is installed to save space and make the map smaller.

tomod

Post by tomod » Tue May 26, 2020 4:25 am

That did not work. I updated them by adding the $data/ in front of the mods folder in each sell points xml. I noticed my icons on the map disappeared now though? I had the icons before though. Any ideas on this? thanks

tomod

Post by tomod » Tue May 26, 2020 4:55 am

I noticed this line
<placement testSizeX="1" testSizeZ="1" sizeX="1" sizeZ="1" useRandomYRotation="false" useManualYRotation="true" />

whats this test size? should it be larger? comparing to the durango map I have downloaded it seems they are the much larger

<placement testSizeX="15" testSizeZ="8" sizeX="4" sizeZ="3" useRandomYRotation="false" useManualYRotation="true" />

strauts6

Post by strauts6 » Tue May 26, 2020 8:13 am

I dont know what that is. But does sellpoints work now?