GrowthStage map color

Nilt

GrowthStage map color

Post by Nilt » Sat May 23, 2020 3:58 am

Hi all,

I've got a rather uncommon issue. I'm colorblind but not the most common type. Instead of red/green colorblindness (Deuteranomaly or
Protanomaly) I have tritanomaly, often called blue/yellow colorblindness. While I don't completely lack the ability to tell the colors apart, it's exceedingly difficult for me to differentiate some hues. I usually manage OK but I've had a heck of a time differentiating the hues for growth stages in FS19. I can generally manage to see that the stage is 1/2 or 3/4 but telling 1 from 2 and 3 from 4 is rather difficult.

I usually manage to finagle games where I have this issue well enough to cope, sometimes resorting to modding things in some manner.
I'm not, by any stretch of the imagination, a great modder of most games. I know just enough to be dangerous, at best. Usually, however, I can poke around enough to figure out where what I need to tinker with is stored.

Which is where I am now. I have found the XML for the fruit type colors but what I need is the ones for growth stage which I can't figure out for the life of me where they are. I'm hoping someone can point that out to me so I can fiddle with them a bit to make that more usable for me. I've generally managed mostly by disabling weeding, which is the major issue I ran into early on, because I would think I'd be in stage 3 and thus had time to weed then found the field had been in stage 4, say. I'd rather play with weeding enabled, however.

Anyone have any pointers for me as to where I can find that?