IC Controls

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
FarmCatJenkins

IC Controls

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

I have a tractor I want to use that has IC controls but it won’t let me use Courseplay with it. Is there a workaround to this? Or is it easy to disable IC on a tractor, as I don’t plan on using them?
Farmer since birth. Simulated since ‘15

Xbox: Hodge A Palooza
Steam: FarmCat Jenkins
Pict

Re: IC Controls

Post by Pict »

This is a regular issue for me too and it depends on how the tractor is set up. If it's set up to be used in conjunction with the Simple IC mod by modelleicher, see here https://github.com/modelleicher/FS19_simpleIC and here https://www.yesmods.com/blog/modelleich ... -for-fs19/

then all you have to do is disable the Simple IC mod.

On the other hand, if its not set up that way and many are not, you need to edit the mod. This can range from being a relatively simple task to getting rather complex again depending on how the IC is implemented withing the mod.

Things you will need to do;

1. remove the IC .lua file/s from the folder.
2. remove the reference to said .lua files in the modDesc.xml
3. go into the tractors .xml and weed out the IC stuff in there.
4. reset some animation start points, usually to do with the steering column
5. remove any custom control key references from the modDesc.xml

Hope this helps. If your struggling, let me know what the mod is and I'll try and point you more accurately to what needs to go.

I'm not a big fan of IC as it tends to spam the controls file and cause all kinds of unwanted behavior. It'd be cool if modders who want to add it would use modelleicher's very cool solution linked above as then it's a simple option for the user.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Thanks for the info. Might just be a better option to not use it haha. I'm not home at the moment, but I'll try poking around the files to see what is going on when I get there.

Pict

Post by Pict »

FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:29 pm Thanks for the info. Might just be a better option to not use it haha. I'm not home at the moment, but I'll try poking around the files to see what is going on when I get there.
No worries. It's actually not really so difficult, just depending on how the modder installed it as there's more than one way of going about it.

Like I said if you need any help let me kow and I'd be happy to do so.
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

Pict wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:56 pm
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 2:29 pm Thanks for the info. Might just be a better option to not use it haha. I'm not home at the moment, but I'll try poking around the files to see what is going on when I get there.
No worries. It's actually not really so difficult, just depending on how the modder installed it as there's more than one way of going about it.

Like I said if you need any help let me kow and I'd be happy to do so.
Here are the two mods in question. Any help would be appreciated, as I think these are causing the stupid keybinding warnings in my log.

AGCO 1000 Series
Fendt Vario 900 S5

juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Im going to take the Fendt 1000 Series as example.
To get rid of the IC Control function you just have to disable loading the ic scripts.
To do that open the moddesc.xml of the mod and scroll down to the specializations
It should look like this:

Code: Select all

<specializations>
    <specialization name="addConfig"               className="AddConfig"               filename="specializations/AddConfig.lua"/>
    <specialization name="terminalBoot"            className="TerminalBoot"            filename="specializations/TerminalBoot.lua"/>
    <specialization name="interactiveControl"      className="InteractiveControl"      filename="specializations/InteractiveControl.lua" />
    <specialization name="interactiveWindows"      className="InteractiveWindows"      filename="specializations/InteractiveWindows.lua" />
    <specialization name="extendedAnimationSounds" className="ExtendedAnimationSounds" filename="specializations/ExtendedAnimationSounds.lua" />
    <specialization name="enterAnimationFix"       className="EnterAnimationFix"       filename="specializations/EnterAnimationFix.lua"/>
    <specialization name="variableTirePressure"    className="VariableTirePressure"    filename="specializations/VariableTirePressure.lua"/>
</specializations>

<vehicleTypes>
    <type name="vario1000" parent="tractor" filename="$dataS/scripts/vehicles/Vehicle.lua" >
        <specialization name="foldable" />
        <specialization name="cover" />
        <specialization name="terminalBoot" />
        <specialization name="interactiveControl" />
        <specialization name="interactiveWindows" />
        <specialization name="extendedAnimationSounds" />
        <specialization name="addConfig"/>
        <specialization name="enterAnimationFix"/>
        <specialization name="variableTirePressure"/>
    </type>
</vehicleTypes>
You will see, that there are 4 entries with "interactive" visible

just put "<!-- " infront of each and " -->" behind of each, so it looks like this:

Code: Select all

<specializations>
    <specialization name="addConfig"               className="AddConfig"               filename="specializations/AddConfig.lua"/>
    <specialization name="terminalBoot"            className="TerminalBoot"            filename="specializations/TerminalBoot.lua"/>
    <!-- <specialization name="interactiveControl"      className="InteractiveControl"      filename="specializations/InteractiveControl.lua" /> -->
    <!-- <specialization name="interactiveWindows"      className="InteractiveWindows"      filename="specializations/InteractiveWindows.lua" /> -->
    <specialization name="extendedAnimationSounds" className="ExtendedAnimationSounds" filename="specializations/ExtendedAnimationSounds.lua" />
    <specialization name="enterAnimationFix"       className="EnterAnimationFix"       filename="specializations/EnterAnimationFix.lua"/>
    <specialization name="variableTirePressure"    className="VariableTirePressure"    filename="specializations/VariableTirePressure.lua"/>
</specializations>

<vehicleTypes>
    <type name="vario1000" parent="tractor" filename="$dataS/scripts/vehicles/Vehicle.lua" >
        <specialization name="foldable" />
        <specialization name="cover" />
        <specialization name="terminalBoot" />
        <!-- <specialization name="interactiveControl" /> -->
        <!-- <specialization name="interactiveWindows" /> -->
        <specialization name="extendedAnimationSounds" />
        <specialization name="addConfig"/>
        <specialization name="enterAnimationFix"/>
        <specialization name="variableTirePressure"/>
    </type>
</vehicleTypes>
Now save the xml file, if you did extract it before just zip it afterwards again, if you did it from inside a zip file the programm will ask you, if you want to rebuilt the archive, which you confirm (at least thats what i get with winrar).

Now you have a tractor without the ic controls
Last edited by juf.de on Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Do all ic control tractors cause key binding issues because I don't have those 2, but jhhg combines and still have key binding warnings even after resetting them?
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Pict

Post by Pict »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:49 pm Do all ic control tractors cause key binding issues because I don't have those 2, but jhhg combines and still have key binding warnings even after resetting them?
Pretty much yes, other than versions made to work with the Simple IC mod that modeleicher made.

Another culprit is autoload mods, they give my game some grief anyway.
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:30 pm Any help would be appreciated...
Check your PM for a couple of things I forgot :biggrin2:
FarmCatJenkins

Post by FarmCatJenkins »

No more keybinding problems! Thanks again!

Pict

Post by Pict »

All good.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I deleted the one autoload trailer, which seem to help. I think there only mod causing the issue now is the elk mountain modding house, which has a ton of interactive stuff.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Doc3d

Post by Doc3d »

Pict wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:40 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:49 pm Do all ic control tractors cause key binding issues because I don't have those 2, but jhhg combines and still have key binding warnings even after resetting them?
Pretty much yes, other than versions made to work with the Simple IC mod that modeleicher made.

Another culprit is autoload mods, they give my game some grief anyway.
FarmCatJenkins wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:30 pm Any help would be appreciated...
Check your PM for a couple of things I forgot :biggrin2:
Could you please point me in the right direction as well? I have a TON of the key binding errors, but have no idea which of my (way too many) mods might cause it. Curious of what you might have whispered to farmerCatJenkins in that PM to solve his issue...?
Previously I’ve heard it’s the autoload trailers that cause it, but IC cause this as well?
Pict

Post by Pict »

Doc3d wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 4:04 pm Could you please point me in the right direction as well? I have a TON of the key binding errors, but have no idea which of my (way too many) mods might cause it.
As it is often said, the answer lies within the context of the question and this little quote is no exception :biggrin2:

Mod conflicts can and will cause havoc all over the place and are difficult to weed out at the best of times, but outright impossible if you add mods to you folder without starting out with a clean log and making sure of it each and every time you add another mod. To do so is a recipe for disaster.

We've pretty much all done it and sometimes get caught out with it again and again.

The solution is hard to hear (and almost as hard to type) but goes something like this;

Start out clean
1. Start with an empty mods folder, a recently patched up game and any DLC's updates.
2. Delete both the log.txt and inputBindings.xml found in C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\FarmingSimulator2019
3. Run the game, then exit and check the log.txt for errors and warnings. It should be clear. If it's not you need to ask for help and attch that log.txt to the post.

Key bindings
4.Start the un-modded game again and spend some time setting up your inputs, like keybindings & joystick etc., for stuff like front loader, cranes, tree harvesters etc.
5. Close the game and copy the inputBindings.xml and save it someplace safe to save you time later. You will surely need it.

Before adding mods
6.Save yourself some grief and do some background checks if possible to see if it has issues or is known to conflict with other mods you may want to use. Even the best of them don't all always play nice with each-other. IC & Courseplay for example are known to conflict each other.

Adding Mods
7.Pick a mod, just one and add it to your mods folder.
8.Run the game and check out your mod.
9.Close the game and check the log.txt for errors and warnings. If you find any, correct them or weed the mod out there and then.
10.Check the inputBindings.xml to see what if anything the new mod has added. This is good info to know about each mod you add and go toward helping to avoid mod clashes down the track.
11.If your happy with that mod, put it to one side for now and delete the log.txt
12.Repeat steps 6-11 for each and every new mod you try out.

Building a functional mod folder
Adding mods that have already gone through the above process you can start adding mods on top of mods and testing for conflicts, error or warnings in the log and multiple entries of the same stuff in the inputBindings.xml which cause issues.

This process takes time and a good reason to keep your number of mods to a minimum, you will also benefit from a reduced game loading time. I keep separate mods folders for testing at various stages and each map I use. I would find this really painfull to do without the absolutely brilliant MOD Manager by Pavlo Marchenko (MaZeSa) that makes setting up and switching mod folders a breeze and lots of other stuff. It even identifies errors in mods and gives you exactly the text line to find them in many cases, even mods that have gone through the modhub have had their errors shown up by this great little stand alone program. I can't give him enough credit for this. You can find it here;
http://dizelsoft.ucoz.ua/load/mod_manag ... r/5-1-0-26

The site is Ukranian and if you want to find the download button without translating see the image below. I've used Pavlo's program since he started making it for FS15. It's clean, light (no need to install anything on your system, just runs from wherever you put the file) and he updates it regularly. I contacted him recently to let him know that there was a small issue reading the latest FS version number and he got back to me almost immediately with an updated version even before he updated his website. A really decent guy I reckon.

Things worth noting about IC are that not all mods have this applied the same way.

As already mentioned IC conflicts with CoursePlay, and as a result of this modeleicher made a special mod called Simple IC so that modder could add IC but not need to include the IC script. This means that if you use CP you can avoid any conflict by not using Simple IC and vice versa. This alsom means that your inputBindings.xml doesn't get spammed with multiple IC entries that cause so many problems. Good job by modeleicher *thumbsup*

However not all IC mods use the Simple IC mod, although many are going that way now. These are the ones we have been talking about and the ones to look out for even if they claim to be converted to Simple IC, it's worth the effort to open them up and check for any left over code that will cause havoc. Lines in the ModDesc and the script file still in the folder etc., etc.

====================

Summary
It's a minefield out there and the best way through is a process of elimination. I've gotten to the point where I eliminate the use of the majority of mods :lol:

Avoid putting more than one map in your mods folder. Mod maps are often the source of many problems as the mapper tries to add more and more functionality (scripts & other mods (with even more scripts)).

Autoload, winch and IC mods and such like require extra scrutiny before adding them as they have a tendency to spam the inputBindings.xml with duplicate and often conflicting key and joystick inputs.

That's about it, I hope it helps :hi: