Crawler Tractor Mods Question.

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
faruk9154

Crawler Tractor Mods Question.

Post by faruk9154 »

Tracks of crawler tractors sink into the ground in the game. In real, the part that comes into contact with the ground does not sink into the ground like in the game. And this bothers me very much. Can I edit the depth setting of the crawler wheels with a notepad? If yes, which section can we edit? Can you help me? :hmm:

Edit don_apple: topic moved to 'Modding' section, since it is about making modifications of the game.
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Noraf

Re: Crawler Tractor Mods Question.

Post by Noraf »

Do you use any realism mods (rea or it's like)?
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Noraf wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:06 pm Do you use any realism mods (rea or it's like)?
I was using. I don't use it now. But in both cases it sinks to the ground. nothing has changed. :confusednew:
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

drive from in cab, you won't see the tracks and ground contact
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Crazof wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:48 pm drive from in cab, you won't see the tracks and ground contact
This is not an answer.
Crazof

Post by Crazof »

That most certainly is an answer, it may not be the answer you want to hear but it is an answer none the less.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Crazof wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 2:32 pm That most certainly is an answer, it may not be the answer you want to hear but it is an answer none the less.
If I wanted to use it from the inside, I wouldn't need to ask this question. I wouldn't have to deal with such an unnecessary and empty answer.
Phantoms

Post by Phantoms »

Is this a mod? Could be a problem with it. Have you tried the stock game tracked vehicles?
Playing on PC
s8080t

Post by s8080t »

Tracks also use physical wheels (not for visual representation, though), so you might have an issue with the suspTravel, springs, damper, initialCompression, etc.
Compare the settings of your vehicle.xml and/or tracks.xml (if you have one) with the basegame vehicles...
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Phantoms wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:13 pm Is this a mod? Could be a problem with it. Have you tried the stock game tracked vehicles?
There is the same problem with stock game tracked vehicles. Don't you guys notice? I don't use realistic physics mods right now. :confusednew:
Last edited by faruk9154 on Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

s8080t wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 6:35 pm Tracks also use physical wheels (not for visual representation, though), so you might have an issue with the suspTravel, springs, damper, initialCompression, etc.
Compare the settings of your vehicle.xml and/or tracks.xml (if you have one) with the basegame vehicles...
There is the same problem with base game vehicles. Don't you guys notice? Doesn't this situation bother you? :hmm:
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

I noticed it and it borthers me, but until now Giants had no intention of fixing it or creating a proper trac system. The problem has been described by s8080t, and as long as it stays that way there is no easy solution for regular players/modders.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

juf.de wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:28 pm I noticed it and it borthers me, but until now Giants had no intention of fixing it or creating a proper trac system. The problem has been described by s8080t, and as long as it stays that way there is no easy solution for regular players/modders.
I guess they will fix it to the next game. But they solved this problem at Claas TerraTrac. Be careful. they brought 3 dimensions to the trackeds. They solved the problem. Trackeds do not sink to the ground. They can solve this problem with the 1.7 patch for base game tracked tractors.
juf.de

Post by juf.de »

Nope, they improved it but it's still far from a proper fix.
Tutorials: log.txt, Giants Bilderhoster, erweiterter Texteditor, Konsole (PC)    /    Direktlink Giants Imagehoster
[PC] [Mac] [XB1] [PS4] in the thread title keeps the Forum clean / im Threadtitel hält das Forum übersichtlich
Playing on PC
s8080t

Post by s8080t »

Have you looked at GIANTS' Axion (ModHub)? At least from the screenshots it look as it these tracks don't sink in...
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter