Make store icon

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Velocity DK

Make store icon

Post by Velocity DK »

I have been working on a mod and my GIANTS Editor stopped working and it now keeps crashing every time I open it for some reason. I would need help with generating the icon of my mod. Can someone do it for me, please? :this:
s8080t

Re: Make store icon

Post by s8080t »

For storeIcons, you can use this tool: viewtopic.php?f=895&t=148698

Helping you with a crashing GE or game is quite impossible with that few info. Please post the log and describe what you did and exaclty does not work. E.g. does it only crash with this mod or with any I3D?
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
Velocity DK

Post by Velocity DK »

s8080t, I get an error message saying: "". I actually used that topic on that subject and since I didn't see this error I got mentioned on that topic, I went to see in this file existed and it isn't an existing file anymore. Is there like a way to get that file required to load the tool? It crashes with all i3d's.
Here is the pop-up I get as the error message (don't know how to post as image, so here's the link):
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1okgX7_ ... sp=sharing

The game itself runs smoothly but the GE keeps crashing every time it opens, no matter what launches the exe file (of the GE)...
s8080t

Post by s8080t »

Judging from the error message on the screenshot, somehow something messed up your GE's config.

Rename the directory ("c:\users\emild\AppData\Local\GIANTS Editor 64bit 8.2.0") to something else and start GE again and see what happens. It should create a fresh directory with its default config - so you need to re-do your custom settings (like installations path of the game, scaling for export, etc.).
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
Velocity DK

Post by Velocity DK »

Yeah, it is inexistent from my pc for some reason... When I reinstall GE, it simply doesn't create the editor.xml file. Is there a place I can download this configuration xml file somewhere, or perhaps from someone?? :hmm:
Velocity DK

Post by Velocity DK »

I uninstalled GE and reinstalled it and I've found the issue: my computer isn't meeting the requirements to open GE, yeah, don't know what was up with that cause I used to be able to run it but on the edge. The editor.xml file was literally spammed with "C:\Users\emild\AppData\Local\GIANT;S:/..;;,C:\Program Files\Farming Simulator 19\" so I guess I have no clue what was up, but I'll let off GE as my computer now does not enjoy GE what so ever.