Usage of Giants Code

Your forum for all discussions around Modding.
Farming101

Usage of Giants Code

Post by Farming101 »

I was thinking about something as I was thinking up the idea of making the Rite 750 earthquake tractor for fs19. I’m not an experienced modder by any means, I’m still learning blender and XML. I was just wondering if it is okay to say... take the code from the big bud 450 and use it and just replace the i3d file and edit a few things in xml. You know, just to help with the whole xml layout. Appreciate you guys veiwing this and any answers you may have. I just don’t want any trouble with giants, because they brought us the game after all. :hmm: :smileynew:
560 acre family farm, grain and beef operation. FS19 on XBOX ONE and PC. Growing YouTube channel!

IronHorse Modding
s8080t

Re: Usage of Giants Code

Post by s8080t »

That's how most vehicles are built anyway ;)

Take the XML blocks for the specializations you need and fit them to your I3D - which can be quite time consuming, too (engine characteristics, animations, moving parts, etc.).

"The code" used by the vehicles is the game engine and it's Lua scripts, so there's nothing to worry about.
Languages: DE/EN
Plattform: PC
Meine Mods
Grünlandsuchti
IT-Spezialexperte
OpenSource-Verfechter
Farming101

Post by Farming101 »

Alrighty, thanks!
560 acre family farm, grain and beef operation. FS19 on XBOX ONE and PC. Growing YouTube channel!

IronHorse Modding
Tut

Post by Tut »

YES! Somebody needs to make a Rite! Hopefully more accurately than simply repainting a Big Bud, though.